“Great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs

You added Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs to your Saves list
Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Benjamin Road East, Waterloo, Ontario N2V 2J9, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Waterloo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I travel frequently on work. Staying at the Courtyard is one of many options and while points are nice, I tend to come back to this hotel due to the very friendly and good service at this hotel. The staff are great to work with, always cheerful and engaging - Kyle, Drayk, Eva, Samantha, Mandee, Katie, and Tanya. Highly recommended!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
William_MacCallum, General Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Good day MukundAchary,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so pleased to hear that your loyalty is because of our wonderful associates and the service they provide. From Kyle, Drayk, Eva, Samantha, Mandee, Katie to Tanya, our team members are truly exceptional at what they do and am so proud to be a part of a great group!

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Waterloo/ St. Jacobs area.

William MacCallum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cobourg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked an end unit room on the 2nd floor. We have stayed at this location in the past and decided to upgrade this time. Unfortunately, with the noise from some mechanical system cycling on and off all night, at the rate of every minute in the early morning, we were unable to get much sleep. In addition, the vanity light in the bathroom cut out for an hour in the morning. We did fill out an online customer service satisfaction form that was sent to us, but we have heard nothing since. It would appear that this Marriott does not care to address issues, nor care if customers return in the future. We will not, nor would we recommend this hotel to friends and family anymore. A simple follow-up response from management would have been nice, but since they have ignored our complaint and not assured us that this noise issue has been resolved, or if there was an issue that night that has since been repaired, we see no reason to return since there are now other hotels in the same area.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
William_MacCallum, General Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good day D D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

Let me apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. As you can see from our other comments on TripAdvisor, this is not usual for us, and I am sorry your stay was not the memorable one it should have been.

On April 7/2015 at 7.32am, I responded to the Guest Survey you completed addressing your concerns and that response was sent to the email address the survey was sent to. Please feel free to reach out to me at william@courtyardwaterloo.com so we can discuss further.

Thank you again and I look forward to your response.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff in this hotel went out of their way to make my extended stay the most incredible of any Courtyard I've ever stayed in (and as a lifetime Marriott Platinum, I've stayed in a lot of Courtyards). The folks at the front desk were great (especially Eve who juggled room reservations so that I would not have to switch rooms in the middle of my stay), the house keepers were incredible (especially Michelle and Jessica who brought me coffee and banana bread when they found out I was spending the morning working in my room) and the folks in the Bistro were great (who always greeted me with a smile in the morning).

The location is great as well. If you like to hike, it's right on the Trans-Canada trail, if you like farmers markets, the St Jacobs Farmers market is a block away.

I cannot recommend this hotel enough. If you are staying in the Waterloo area, this is the property to pick !

Room Tip: Top floor (3) is best !!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Good day Robert M,

What fantastic comments about our great Team Members! It sounds like they really went above and beyond to ensure your stay with us was the best it could be. From Eva at the Front Desk to Michelle and Jessica in Housekeeping to the associates in the Bistro, it seems like you got a chance to enjoy all our personable Team!

Thank you again and I have shared your great comments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Waterloo/ St. Jacobs area.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I came for a business meeting nearby. The location requires driving on a slip road parallel to the highway. Not a big deal but we did loop around as we missed a signpost.

This Courtyard delivers a modern business casual accommodation with a revamped cafe/bar area that's a cross between Starbucks and a hotel cafe. The staff here are friendly and bake their own baked goods and cook up some good savory small meals. When I arrived the cafe was closed but the staff were accommodating and served me up a mini-meal. It seems this cafe also hosts the locals when the theater is in session. I called ahead to get an early check-in as I arrived at 5am. The hotel also helped my colleague get checked-in early too (may be because of his loyalty status.)

The room was as to be expected. A work-friendly desk area with a nearby TV. The beds are always comfy and I got a good night's rest. The framed pictures give the room a homely feel. Having the microwave provides a little flexibility if you want to have some TV dinners in your room. I liked that the room also supported recycling with a separate bin in the bathroom.

Overall a good room, with great staff.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Good day Stevio_1,

What a detailed and informative review you provided! I love the when guests enjoy the amenities we offer and share that to the rest of the world to read! We are so proud of our hotel and are happy that our guests enjoy it as much as we do. We feel our hotel is unique in its offerings from our convenient location from Highway 8, to the modern feel of the hotel to accommodating and friendly team members to our clean and comfortable rooms.

While there are numerous hotels in the area, we thank you for choosing ours to rest your head at. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Waterloo/ St. Jacobs area.

Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Like many fellow road warriors, I stayed at this hotel because of the reliability of the Courtyard brand. It proved true to form - easy access, very friendly service, good food at the restaurant, functional gym and comfortable room. Would stay there again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
William_MacCallum, General Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good day Adam M,

It is great to hear that your experience with our Courtyard was an enjoyable one from our easy access, friendly service, good food at our Bistro and our comfortable rooms.

Again, thank you for letting us know your experience and we look forward to seeing you back next time you are on the road!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed here collectively over 30 days for work and each time the staff here has made me feel like I was at home. Eva always welcomes be back with a friendly hello when I check into the hotel. If you ever are looking to know the local hot spots or directions, Melissa in the kitchen can definitely help you out with this. Sam the bartender in the evening is always very friendly and can always put a smile on your face. The cleaning staff such as Michelle, Lilly, or Kelly always makes me feel at home by leaving me candy or "towel animals" in my room. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The food at the bistro is excellent. I definitely recommend staying here!

Good day jlonn01,

What incredible feedback about our dedicated and friendly Associates! Eva, Melissa, Sam, Michelle, Lilly and Kelly are true Service Ambassadors and a great at what they do! I am so proud to work for a team as service oriented as this one and am glad that our guests get to experience that each time they are here.

While there are numerous hotels in the area, we thank you for choosing ours as your "home away from home" and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Waterloo/ St. Jacobs area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was at the hotel for 20 plus day for work. The staff is great. The rooms are clean. You have to see Samantha at the bar she's great. They make you feel like you are at home when you are away from home.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
William_MacCallum, General Manager at Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Good day Ricky P,

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your extended stay with us and got to enjoy our team members, especially Sam. Sam is incredible at what she does and are so fortunate to have a great, guest focused, knowledgeable individual as herself as part of our Courtyard Family!

While there are numerous hotels in the area, we thank you for choosing ours as your "home away from home". We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Waterloo/ St. Jacobs area.

William MacCallum

Been to Courtyard Waterloo St. Jacobs? Share your experiences!