“Very good takeout pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Very good takeout pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Made in a proper wood fired oven. Very high quality. Be prepared to wait on a Saturday night so have an italian beer.

Visited June 2013

Welland, Canada
“buyer beware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. My beef is that they put on their menu "Homemade Pasta" but the Pasta is not homemade!! I asked them and they said they have no space there to make it. Fine. but then don't put "homemade pasta" on the menu!! Their response is that the sauce is homemade. Yes. that is great. just don't put homemade pasta. Other than that, excellent restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Welland
“Come to downtown Welland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

With great restaurants like this perhaps downtown if worth a visit. The service was excellent and the Alfredo Pizza was amazing!!! And the Ceaser salad was delicious and enough to share. The chef came to our table to ask for our opinion on the Alfredo sauce. He really cared about our response. Obviously a man who loves his craft and the food he prepares.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Welland, Ontario
“An Excellent Italian Restaurant in Downtown Welland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We finally got to eat at this restaurant tonight. You really need reservations to eat here on the weekend. We were very pleased with our dinner tonight. My husband had the fettucine alfredo which he said was very tasty. I had the special penne alla vodtka with chicken & sausage - excellent - and I brought home enough to have for lunch tomorrow. This restaurant is small, a bit noisy but excellent food & friendly service. I urge Wellanders to give this place a try -I don't think you'll be disappointed. We've travelled extensively and we rate this restaurant as being very good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Welland, Canada
“Extremely disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After having my husbands parents (His father is 'right off the boat' Italian) rave about this restaurant, we went with high expectations. What an excruciating experience to say the least!
We were told that we MUST have reservations, so we followed that recommendation...to our ONLY benefit! We arrived to a packed restaurant. We were sat at a quaint table in the back. Before we could sit, we had to move our table, because, what we later realized was one of the owners, was sitting at the other table and left us no room to get into our chairs, and even after trying to excuse ourselves, wouldn't move....I could go on an on, but I think I'll run over the alloted characters so I will stick to the nuts and bolts...
-The restaurant was uncomfortably hot, and smokey (from the wood fired ovens)
-Our water glasses were dirty, and the water was warm
-Our wine/beer glasses were filthy...and warm (most restaurants serve chilled glasses with beer typically?!)
-Pizza was ok, but the outter edge of the crust wasn't even edible, or we'd break a tooth! And it took an hour and a half JUST for 2 pizzas!
-Service was soooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooow
-We weren't offered dessert menus, and upon asking for them, waited 20 minutes to see them
-Waited 40 minutes for our bill...and this was after ASKING for it....we literally had stand by our table with our coats on waiting
-Our beginning to end experience lasted a painful THREE HOURS...and we didn't even end up getting dessert because the waiter never came back to take our order!
Needless to say, we will NEVER go back...I'd rather eat Little Ceasars!
Oh, and on a side not: the owners clearly have 'regulars' that are favoured...we saw City officials come, eat and leave before we had even been served our meal.

• Visited April 2013