“Paid for room before I used it.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Welland

You added Ramada Welland to your Saves list
Ramada Welland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 Niagara Street North, Welland, Ontario L3C 1M6, Canada (Formerly Knights Inn Welland)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Welland
Ingersoll, Canada
“Paid for room before I used it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I booked this room for a hockey tournament and used my CC to "Hold" the room. Low and behold prior to the tourney, they had charged my card. I have heard of prepaying for a room on Hotel.com to those other sites, but never when booking direct with the hotel. Never rec'd a confirmation via email as I had asked, and when I called to confirm my reservation, the "owner" couldn't even find my reservation. Can just imagine what the hotel is like. Wish me luck!

Room Tip: Stay tuned for pictures and more comments.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Ramada Manager H, General Manager at Ramada Welland, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Hello,

I am sincerely sorry for you experience. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you. Please feel free to contact me directly at ramadawelland@gmail.com so that I may be able to make it up to you. We are trying very hard to make our hotel and guest experience better for our guest. I would love to get your advise.

Regards,

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

i used to visit Welland very often with my friends cause its literally 10 minutes away from the falls, and now with the new renovations i would always prefer Ramada over any other hotel in the falls cause the price is affordable.... love the indoor heated pool !!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good you dont need to double think before booking here.. the staff is extra sweet!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ramada Manager H, Manager at Ramada Welland, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your comment. We have to see you soon again.
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Booked this place by mistake, was actually suppose to stay at a hotel just down the road. This hotel is on the edge of the city but still only a few minutes drive to restaurants etc. Bit worried when I saw the reviews, but actually it was quite nice. Not the newest of decor and the fixtures should be replaced but the room was large and pleasant, sheets were pretty new, lots of towels and the bathroom was clean. Average bagel and yogurt breakfast which is pretty much the norm of anyplace I've been.Staff were friendly and helpful. Strangely it was almost empty. We'd stay again and would recommend to anyone who just wants a place to sleep. Price was much less than average for the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your review. We at Ramada Welland are always working hard to make your stay more comfortable.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here with our entire team and our stay was great. The breakfast was plenty and the room was newly renovated and clean. I have no complaints. I wish the new manager and staff all the best. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ramada Manager H, Manager at Ramada Welland, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your post. We, at the Ramada Hotel Welland, have been working very hard to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We are currently renovating our restaurant to serve our customers. Hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Hotel Manager
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel just went through a major renovation. They even have a restaurant on site. I stayed here, they have duvets and new beds. New carpets and breakfast was great. Nice place and friendly staff. I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank You for your post. Yes, we do do have a new Manager at the Ramada Welland and yes we have done extensive renovations to our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards,

Been to Ramada Welland? Share your experiences!