“I wouldn't choose to stay here again!” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   870 Niagara St., Welland, Ontario L3C 1M3, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Welland
UK
“I wouldn't choose to stay here again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

We stayed here for two nights in July 05. The first thing we noticed when we entered the room was the musty smell, it was so overpowering, no problem I thought I'll put the air conditioning on- no chance it was spitting vile smelling water out. It was a shame cos it was 31 degrees c. There was a tub under the A/C unit to collect the drips. We also couldnt plug the wireless internet adapter in cos the plug socket was worn and it kept falling out. The breakfast was ok- bagels, toast, butter, philadelphia cheese, preserves, a choice of 3 fruit juices, apples or bananas, a choice of 3 cereals and a hot drink. It was also a short drive (15-20 mins) from the hotel to Niagara Falls, but now knowing how busy Niagara gets I would choose somewhere within walking distance or with a shuttle. The hotel operates a 100 per cent satisfaction guarentee so I probably could have been moved if I could have been bothered to complain.

• Stayed July 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

Stayed in July 2005. Booked through Hotelguide (NEVER USE THIS SERVICE ON-LINE!!). Hotel had no idea how to handle the prepaid reservation. Apparently central reservations did not handle the on-line booking and notification to hotel correctly. Reservation was in system but payment history obsolete. After 45 minutes, finally resolved. Neither the Hotel or the On-line booking agent could provide an itemized bill showing Canadian taxes - therefore, unable to get taxes reimbursed as out of country traveler. Hotel should be able to provide this information regardless of "what they are paying the booking agent".

Ithaca, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2005

We were not impressed with the two nights we stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. We requested a non-smoking room but were forced to stay in a smoking room for the first night. To make matters worse, whoever was in this room the night before was a drug user and the maid failed to clean up the stuff they had left under the bed. My nine-year old son noticed it when we were leaving to go to the non-smoking room the next morning. Things got worse when we went to breakfast just 15 minutes before it ended. The room looked like a pack of hungry wolves had gone through the place. The second night in the non-smoking room however was much better. Having learned from our experience the morning before, we went to breakfast 15 minutes after it opened. This time we were able to have a leisurely breakfast without all of the hassles of the first morning. I would only stay here again if I could get the same deal I got the first time and could be guaranteed a non-smoking room. I only paid $37 each night plus tax through Hotwire.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2005

Staying at comfort inn, welland was an impeccable experience for me. The facilities and services they provide are phenomenal. The front desk employees were very soft spoken and very helpful. Whenever I went to eat out, I got a 10% discount curtsy of the hotel. In last all I can say is that whenever I visit welland, the only place I am going to land my baggage is no other than comfort inn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2005

During my stay at the Comfort Inn I experienced excellent customer service, very clean rooms, very friendly staff. I would recommend the Comfort Inn Welland to any traveler making their way to the Niagara area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

We Stay in this hotel every time we are in fiagara falls or any where around As always we love to see our best freinds the girls behind the desk they remmeber me now by my name even.This time our whole family stayed for 10 days we enjoyed the falls more then before. these people are family freindly and proffessional. We got Weekly rates, Brand new built fitness room, free news paper and lot more.We Totally recommend this hotel for the best stay and the affordable prices for the whole family

Been to Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland

Address: 870 Niagara St., Welland, Ontario L3C 1M3, Canada
Location: Canada > Ontario > Welland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Welland
Hotel Class:2 star — Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland 2*
Offering exceptional value. Makes our Comfort Inn perfectly suited for their business travel. Working crews, groups, wedding guests or simply just for pleasure, we offer a complimentary continental breakfast, wireless high speed internet, in room coffee, hairdryers, irons and boards. For the business traveler take advantage of our Business Center. We are conveniently located in the heart of the city. Just minutes away from shopping, dining, and businesses. Only 15 minutes from Niagara Falls and Niagara. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland Hotel Welland
Comfort Inn Welland
Welland Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland Ontario

If you own or manage Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.