“never going back” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Welland
London, Canada
“never going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

i took my family here to this motel cause its not a hotel its gross the first room we got smelled really bad my wife and kids got sick from the the smell of the room so i asked for another room it was a little bit better but the stains on the floor were something else this motel needs seriuos help the only good thing i can say is that the staff was really nice renevate this place please i also cant believe some people say good reviews on this motel this was my worst stay ill never return

Room Tip: stay away if you love yourself
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you Surash for your feedback here at TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. We are currently undergoing renovations and a deep cleaning of the entire hotel. I hope you would give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit. Wishing you a happy holiday.

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our hockey team booked a weekend stay here for a tournament. Montana at the front desk was VERY accommodating with regards to reserving rooms and working around our hockey schedule. The rooms were basic but very clean, beds were comfortable and the price couldn't be matched anywhere as well. Thank you.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Tom for your wonderful feedback here at TripAdvisor. It is always rewarding to know that we were able to provide our guest with a satisfactory stay. It is also nice to hear that Montana was able to accommodate you and your team, I will be sure to let her know. We look forward to seeing you again. Wishing you a wonderful holiday.
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel is centrally located and close to all the restaurant, with in 5 minutes walking distance. We took a King; the room was nice with Keurig Coffee Machine and flat screen Tv. We enjoyed our stay. The bathroom was clean and the bedding was comfortable. I would come back to this hotel and recommend it to fellow family and friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Joseph for your wonderful feedback here at TripAdvisor. It is always rewarding to know that we were able to provide our guest with a satisfactory stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Wishing you a wonderful holiday.
Mississauga, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for a dog show and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. there is a nice area with picnic tables out back to walk the dog and sit. The room was clean and quiet and the complimentary breakfast had all the necessities. The price was good and we would stay here again. The outside of the hotel could use more tidying up though but it was a busy weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel M, Manager at Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback here at TripAdvisor. It is always rewarding to know that we were able to provide our guest with a satisfactory stay. We look forward to seeing you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am a road warrior. I road trip absolutely everywhere. I've stayed at hotels all across the Eastern seaboard and out to Dallas, TX. I've stayed in all manors of inns and hotels from Mom & Pops to expensive Hiltons.

This hotel was the WORST I've ever stayed in.

I used my Friends and Family benefit of Choice Hotels to book the hotel room. I got a really awesome rate on the room and it was hard to pass up (It was 1/3rd the cost of the downtown Comfort Inn to Niagara Falls, ON). So I went ahead and used it.

When I first entered the hotel hallway on the first floor it reeked of nasty cigarette smoke. Okay, fair enough. My friend and I went into the room (115) and were overwhelmed by the air. I've had rooms that were a bit musty from non-use, and figured I'd just turn on the vent and get the air circulated. We slept overnight and I woke up with the nastiest burn in the back of my throat, and my friend said I didn't sleep well the night before.

It was bad. Really bad. I'm *STILL* hacking up crap from staying in that room. Oh, and my clothes smell like cigarettes. Yes, I should have hightailed it out of that room the moment we walked in--but I was tired, it was late, and I had just completed a long 9 hour drive.

I did ask to be moved to another room for my 2nd night, and the front desk lady did change the room for us. It was a SLIGHT downgrade in the amenities, but the air quality was significantly better (It had a clear label on the door marking it as a non-smoking room).

The worst part? I had marked "non-smoking" on my room preference when I booked the hotel. So I'm not entirely sure why they placed us in what I later figured out to be a smoking room. It was horrendous. My throat burned for the entire next day. After sleeping overnight in the non-smoking room I felt significantly better.

No DVD players in the room, but they do have a Keurig machine with K-Cups available for use for both teas and coffees. The non-smoking room we got was much cleaner and nicer than the first room we had, so I'd avoid the first floor entirely and shoot for the 2nd floor.

The shampoo bottles did have adequate shampoo for use, and put out enough shampoo for 2 decent hair washes.

I'm not sure why they let the hotel get like this. They need to significantly cut down on the smoking rooms and get rid of the smoker smell on the first floor. It's bad. Really bad. The 2nd floor seemed like almost an entirely different hotel.

Room Tip: Go directly to the 2nd floor. Do not get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Michael for your feedback here at TripAdvisor. I am terribly sorry for the inconveniences you endured during your stay with us. Although your assigned room was a non smoking room, the few smoking rooms we do have can sometimes affect the rest of the rooms on the first floor. We have started using a product to cut all smoke smell out. I am hoping this will eliminate any future concerns. I hope you would give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.
Sarnia, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We visited this hotel the first week of September 2013, specifically room 116. The room had a badly stained couch/hide-a-way bed. When I say badly stained I am not talking about one or two small marks, I actually mean the whole cushion was covered front to back with "something". I even flipped the cushion over to at least hide the mess, guess what? The other side was worse! The bathroom floor was greasy and slick and was a real adventure once you got out of the shower with wet feet. The carpet in the main room was gooey and sticky as well. The bed was so uncomfortable that I ended up sleeping on the floor which was a lesser of two evils situation deciding between the "unknown" stains on the couch or the ooey gooeyness of the carpet. I left this same feedback on the customer survey and am actually quite surprised that I have not heard from the manager. I honestly thought Comfort inns had higher standards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Jim for your feedback here at TripAdvisor. I do apologize for your less than satisfactory stay with us. The hotel is currently undergoing some minor renovations and a thorough deep cleaning. I hope you would give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.
Mississauga, Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I prepaid for this place through Perkopolis however never would have done so if I knew that if you own a pet that you have to stay in a smoking room. Room 117 stank to high heaven when we entered. No hint of any kind of deodorizer being used here. Saying that your hotel is pet friendly and then banishing you to a smoking room is not friendly at all. Front desk staff told me that we had to stay in a smoking room because of allergens and dogs cause allergies. I do believe the smell of smoke is a cause of asthma attacks! We have stayed at some pretty high end hotels and brought our dog (The King Edward in Toronto, The Sheraton in Toronto, The Sheraton in Niagara Falls New York, not to mention many other not so high end hotels/motels). We won't stay here again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Hello, I would like to personally thank you for your comments left on TripAdvisor. I apologize that your stay was less than enjoyable. Your concerns about pet friendly room allocations will be discussed and appropriate solutions and action will be taken. I hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.

Been to Comfort Inn Niagara Falls/Welland? Share your experiences!