“Recent Change for the good!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Bowmanville, Canada
“Recent Change for the good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Sushi mountain has recently changed the way they do things. Because Teriyaki house in Whitby went on vacation for a few weeks we decided to give Sushi Mountain a try. Totally preparing ourselves for rude service, and a bland menu we braced ourselves.
What a pleasent surprised when we were greeted with new staff who know how to smile, and welcomed us in. The interior has had a re-do and so has the staff. They were friendly and attentive. We were impressed. Not only was the staff 100% better, but they had updated thier menu for all you can eat to include some new and wonderful options. The food is really Good and the price is just $1.00 more than Teriyaki house.

Teriyaki house is still better at $11.99 for all you can eat lunch, including drinks and desserts with the best teriyaki Beef and Karage chicken. The sauce for the karage chicken is out of this world and No one has come close to it. All the food is Great! Plus the great service has always been consistent.

Sushi Mountain has come along way but you will pay $12.99 including drinks and desserts. Don't do the teriyaki Beef it is bad. But the Crystal Maki is good as is the mountain sushi and the dynamite. Please note that while most of the servers are great! One in particular is awesome! We hope she stays! There is one bad apple in the bunch that is hit and miss, she does not have the charm and politeness of the others but we are hoping that she will join the happy people.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bowmanville, Canada
“Misserable staff!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Terriaki house is in a little strip mall a few blocks west on Hwy #2 and it is Way, Way, Better! Much more selection at lunch and dinner. The quality is always excellent! $11.99 for all you can eat lunch includes drinks and dessert, which is more than ice cream. Main dishes are awesome and all the cooked items are great too! Plus the staff is ALWAYS friendly and attentive. Sushi mountain has RUDE staff and is the main reason we stopped going. I don't like feeling annoyed and being snubbed while giving someone my buisness. We would respectfully ask for a refill of tea and 10 min later the waitress would start filling everyone else's cup first even if we were closest and sometimes pass us completly! One in particular who seems to always be there, won't make eye contact, never says please or your welcome when we say thanks, she never smiles, and tries to ignore you at every turn. Terriaki HOUSE is WAY WAY, better! They are always smiling and using manners that on top of the food makes this the place to be. Plus I feel like they want my buisness and appreaciate my visit, and I know I appreaciate their Service and GREAT Food! Thats TERRIAKI HOUSE Just down the street!

• Visited March 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Nasty Kitchen Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

My friend and I were nicely eating lunch when one of the chef's went into the bathroom and started to hork. Not once, not twice but five times. That's it, I couldn't eat anymore. I felt bad for my friend, she was feeling the same. We left all kinds of food on our plates, paid and left. Can't say I will ever go back.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“We wont go here again.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Went for the buffet lunch. Walked in no smile the waitress actually seemed annoyed to see us. My gf order a dish she checked the wrong box, waitress yelled saying dont tick here tick there.

Dishes were brought no smile no pleasant feeling, infact very rude. Food was average we eat a lot of sushi and this just does not do it and with the service they really need to learn some manners. If they were nice we could have pushed the food to the side. In a nutshell this place sucks. We did not leave a tip and if they think they get tips for that quality of service then they really are thick.

Visited March 2011
Oshawa, Canada
“service without a smile”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Food was great ... but the service was horrible.... We entered the resturant with our toddler and was not even offered a high chair... Basically had to get it ourselves, Once our oder was taken and delevered .. our server never came back to our table .. But only to drop off the billl .. but yet we will still eating and ordering food ! A smile goes a long way... Wont be returning

• Visited March 2011