“Should have read the reviews first” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Toronto, Canada
“Should have read the reviews first”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's not a terrible place but certainly not a must return to establishment also. The food was average as was the service. Prices are a bit high for what you get and the place is probably more tuned to the evening bar scene with hockey night specials and a bar atmosphere. Considering the place only had one more table occupied and we didn't order complicated food, the meal took overly long to arrive.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brampton
“Eat at the Zoo...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Found mouse droppings around our table and feces on the floor of the washroom.

Manager has no customer service skills, after pointing out these issues his response was 'Sorry you feel that way' - food is over priced and below average.

We had a party of 15.

Save your money and visit a hot dog cart.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Whitby
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My sister and I went for dinner here.... started off ok, our server was very nice (the only good thing about the place!) First tip off should have been that it was dead... one other couple there for evening meal. We were told that the bar list was under construction, so they didn't have one. So, not wanting to ask, how much is a glass of wine, how much is a half litre, how much is a bottle, we decided on getting a half litre of red and white. We ordered our meal, and they came with no problems. I ordered the Jambalaya, my sister ordered Chicken masala. Her meal was good. MIne was very very hot (and I like spicy food), it also had next to no sausage in it. I noticed it had a lot of onions as I was eating it, so decided to put them aside (to cut down on the heat a bit). Turned out I had over half a bowl of onions in my dish!! Ridiculous! We couldn't believe it. I complained to the waiter, nothing was done about it?? We asked for our bill and gave them a card for us to get buy one meal get one free. So you can imagine our surprise when we got a $72 bill!!!! what!? I didn't go the the KEG for goodness sake! Our wine was just under $20 each! we complained and asked to speak to manager, he wasn't in. However, there was a kitchen mgr in and we asked to speak to him. He didn't not come out to us (not like he was busy, at this point we were the only ones in the restaurant, and even the waitress was walking around with her coat on!!.. hint hint??!!) So we paid the bill, not happy at all, still left a tip for the waiter. I called the restaurant this afternoon to complain to the manager! Wow!! He was so rude, I got uhuh, and mhmmm, answers from him!! I have found out he is actually the owner. So, then I shouldn't be surprised to see that is restaurant is in the condition it is... he didn't care. He did eventually offer me a free meal when I returned, I told him I would never return, I would rather go to CORRADO'S in Brooklin where you get fresh, home made meals, and they are way cheaper too!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, ON
“What is that?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

What is with the trellis on part of the ceiling with half the lights out and all the dust in?
Stupid!
And dart boards with tables UNDERNEATH so u can play if NOBODY is here!
The hostess (2 of them) did nothing for two hours!
We asked for another round of drinks ( we were all empty!) and the hostess went to get her then went back to her "stand" then we had to ask the hostess if she went to get the server. She said " yes, she will be right with you" you can see my point here.
Needs a makeover everywhere!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Whitby, Canada
“Excellent Meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The food was excellent. I had the rib-eye steak which was grilled just right. My wife had the shrimp pasta and she enjoyed it. There was a large serving of it, so we brought the remaining meal home with us. We had read on the on-line reviews that the service was slow, but we found this night it was speedy and the server was interested in our enjoying our meal. We had one of the 2 for one discount cards, thus the whole meal was an excellent value.

• Visited May 2012