“Awesome amenities and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Whitby
Ottawa
“Awesome amenities and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was awesome for us to have a full kitchen to keep costs down. For my adult son and I the 2 separate rooms - bedroom with full door and living room queen sleeper were awesome... he was up all night on his computer. Also having 2 separate work areas was great for us (I used the dining table). Free full breakfast with eggs bacon pancakes juices and dinner of chili one night and soups the next were really well done, vegetarian options both nights. Cheap laundry with free soap was great too. Staff were some of the best I have encountered in my travels. Rooms clean and nicely furnished, hot tub was closed for repairs. A+ esp for the price!

Room Tip: room 203 was quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, October 3, 2013

Dear Dave N.
You have sold our hotel extremely well, I couldn't have sold it better myself. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were perfectly priced for your family. I will pass on the message to the staff regarding your experiences with them. Once again, thank you very much for your post on Tripadvisor.

Subash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

good hotel close to go train and shopping and easy reach to Toronto and greater Ontario area. Rooms are good size and breakfast was very good. Pool could have been a bit warmer and did not like the pets allowed rule.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Charles M.
Thank you for the wonderful review that you posted on Tripadvisor. We are glad that your family enjoyed their stay with us. Regarding our pet policy, we have guests that stay with us for long periods of time and their pets are like family to them so we want to be as accomadting as we can to ensure that they enjoy their stay as well.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were in a lacrosse tournament and this was the best location for all recreation centres. The rooms were nice, clean and the beds were really comfortable. The pool was small but great for kids. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Heather C.
I would like to thank you for the great review you posted on Tripadvisor about our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our facility and we look forward to having you back in the near future.

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed during a tourament and the staff was very accommodating. Enforced hotel rules in a very kind, professional way. The rooms were beautiful, clean and filled with everything you need to have a great stay. There is a bbq area with a very nice patio. The complimentary breakfast was great! Fresh and many varieties of food. Healthy options also. When in Whitby, we will return!!Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Dear LAXfirstyear,
Thank you for your wonderful revier on Tripadvisor, I'm glad that you and your team enjoyed your stay with us. We welcome all teams and actually have teams that have stay with us year after year, some for as far back as 8 years ago.
We look forward to welcoming you and your team again in the near future.
Ontario.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently stayed one night on business. I had checked out a number of hotels before booking this one and it was as advertised. I booked a studio suite for $119 +HST and was pleased with the room size and amenities. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything needed including a dishwasher, living area, king bed, large bathroom area and a desk with FREE wifi. "Check out pictures". Everything was very clean and I had no issues. Staff was attentive and made me aware of the free dinner available in the Gatehouse court yard. They post a calendar in your room of what's being served each night. Breakfast was also included and was used by many of the guests. Location is adjacent to the 401 and has a number of roadhouse type restaurants nearby. This was my first stay at a Residence Inn and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Studio suite more than enough room for 2
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
WhitbyRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Whitby, responded to this review, July 30, 2013

Dear Northenersun,
Thank you for the great comments and pictures that you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is always good to hear that a guest enjoys their stay and the service that we provided to them was appreciated.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I visit Whitby from the UK for a week every year to spend time with an elderly relative who is in a retirement home. For the last 4 or 5 years, we have stayed at The Residence Inn which serves our needs perfectly. Staff are invariably courteous, friendly and helpful - nothing seems to be too much trouble and any minor issues which crop up have always been dealt with promptly. Breakfast is excellent, rooms are clean and offer more than adequate facilities for our needs.

Refubishment was being carried out during our stay last year but caused us no inconvenience at all. This year there was an issue with plumbing which restricted water use for a few hours on a couple of days. Initially we were concerned about this but staff were reassuring and, in the event, this too proved to be a brief and very minor inconvenience. Any building subject to this sort of use has to have work carried out from time to time. We look forward to our return visit next year.

Room Tip: We take a one bed suite which suits us fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Alf1951_13
Thank you for the wonderful comments that you posted on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the fact that you have stayed with us continously over the past few years. We are glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and public spaces and I'm glad that we did not inconvenience you last year during the process. We look forward to having you stay with us again next year.

Uxbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed at the hotel as a guest for 1 night and although I was unable to use the pool and hot tub facilites due to time, I completely enjoyed my stay. The hotel is extremely clean and there was always someone at the front desk or close by with a ready smile and willing to help. Its not a fancy hotel, but it is well looked after from the gardens, to the lobby and dining area. The rooms were compact but not cramped, and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We were facing the road and yet were mostly undisturbed by the noise from it. Our wake up call came promptly and efficiently and I really appreciated the friendliness of the staff even at such an early hour. Breakfast in the morning with waffle machines, fruit, yogurt and hot coffee was wonderful. There was also a nice selection of bagels, muffins and breads. The room was so nice and light to sit in and I enjoyed that start to my day! The hotel was so very close to many restaturants, and as my boyfriend was staying the whole week at the Residence in, I got to experience a couple of nice places that I didn't know were close to my hometown.

If I find myself in need of a place quite local for myself or any of my friends, I would definately recommend this hotel for couples, family or solo!

Ps. The hot chocolate chip cookies at the front desk were such a sweet, and quaint touch, thanks!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wendy Henderson,
Thank you for your very kind comments on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. You have described our hotel and the service we try to provide in great detail and for that I am grateful. We do try to ensure that all of our guest's stay be as perfect as possible, and I'm glad we were able to do that for you.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Subash

Been to Residence Inn Whitby? Share your experiences!