“Such a great experience! We'd recommend it to anyone!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 10 Activities in Whitby
Midland, Canada
“Such a great experience! We'd recommend it to anyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Our experience with Nature's Photo Adventures was great from beginning to end. We are complete beginners and it was so nice to learn a bit more about our camera and how to take advantage of the settings available on it to take a properly exposed photo. It's always nice to be taught in layman's terms. David was very knowledgeable and made it easy to follow along and understand and we learned quite a bit. It was nice to be able to put our new knowledge to practice and this particular workshop was held at the zoo so that was really fun! When I had asked what types of cameras I should be looking into prior to having attended the workshop Jennifer was more than willing to share her advice and recommendations. I did end up purchasing one of the cameras she suggested and it's great! We hope to attend future workshops with Nature's Photo Adventures. It was a great experience and we highly recommend it! :)

Toronto
“Wonderful, special day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

David was a great instructor, the seminar prior to going out in the field was very helpful!

Bowmanville, Canada
29 attraction reviews
“MACRO workshop at the Metro Toronto Zoo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I learned a lot and had a great time. The group was small and the individual attention from David, the workshop leader, was excellent. We started out with a classroom session in the coffee shop on the grounds. After hearing about the basics of macro photography we headed out to the Malayan pavilion to shoot some low-light, indoor shots. The place was small and rather crowded but we managed. David let me borrow his Tamron 90mm macro lens, thank you David, and I was able to learn a lot and get some great test shots. David also showed me how to use my external flash to full advantage. I will post some of the butterfly shots that I was able to get in the pavilion. After this we headed outside to try some outdoor macro photography. This wasn't as interesting for me but it was useful.
I was able to get this workshop on sale for $59 and I would recommend it at this price. Entrance to the zoo is extra but I was able to save money by buying a Groupon. After the seminar ended at noon, I stayed at the zoo and photographed the animals outdoors in the Africa section of the zoo.

Longmont
35 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

Going out on a photography walk with Rob Palmer was a great experience. I learned so much that I decided to stick around for a few hours after class ended to practice what I had learned. Now I feel like I will get so much more out of camera. The pics tell the story. except for cropping and sharpening on the cheetah I didn't do any photoshopping. they're a ways away from being truly professional, but not bad.

Visited October 2011