“Amazing surprising little place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing surprising little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friendly, great service, feel like I'm back into a family restaurant in Italy super nice awesome food

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Montreal, Canada
“Great "real" Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is somewhat small and usually quite busy. Best to make reservations.
There are always table d'hote specials which include salad, a main meal and coffee. These are great deals.
The "con Cosse" (mussels) are EXCELLENT!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Great food in a small space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very good Italian food served in a small restaurant in a strip mall near the airport. The Veal Saltimbocca was great and my husband really enjoyed the Seafood Pasta special. They serve complimentary pizza bread which was very good. The two waiters were very friendly, but running around. The place is small and popular, so reservations are suggested.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a local restaurant for us and we used to frequent it regularly. The last time was several months ago when my wife ordered mussels, which came cooked in and dripping with oil. Oil! For mussels! She sent them back and asked to have them steamed as they should be. With no good grace, they were replaced, but one taste was like a mouthful of salt. They were inedible. We called over the owner and asked him to try them - he ventured that they might be a bit salty. We have not been back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Great spot outside of downtown Montreal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Finding Italian spots in Montreal is pretty easy, however I'm often hesitant when it comes to walking in. I decided Da Mangione would be a good place to start. Although the exterior isn't very welcoming (part of a small strip mall / commercial complex) the interior is small, but charming. During my visit, I was the only one there on a Monday night, mind you it was around 4:45pm.
The waitress was courteous and inviting, letting me choose my table. I had the chef's salad to start. It was your everyday lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomato, etc., but the dressing was more on the sweet side. The salad was great, although they were a little heavy on the dressing (I like my salads on the dry side). I had the Vitello alla Parmigiana (breaded veal), which was very good. I'm not very big on veal, but I figured it was worth the try. The portion was enough to fill me up (it is served with pasta or vegetables, I went with spaghetti and tomato sauce) which makes me a happy customer. I'd definitely recommend Da Mangione.

• Visited November 2012