“Good to see this hotel back in business...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
White Rock, Canada
“Good to see this hotel back in business...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

A year ago, I was staying at Aloft (which is right next door) and saw they were renovating this property. It looked like a big project. I booked this hotel by mistake thinking it was the Montreal downtown and pre-paid, so I could not cancel. I wasn't disappointed with my error.
The hotel is nicely appointed. The lobby is classy and well appointed. Being a Platinum member, they upgraded me and gave me access to the club lounge. The club lounge was nice because it stocked one of my favourite beers. The breakfast at the club lounge the next day was a little threadbare... There could have been a better selection of warm items - no sausages or ham. Anyway, it's free, so who am I to complain.
The desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The free shuttle to the airport leaves every 15 minutes, which is a good frequency.
The room wasn't huge but it's understandable because it's an older building.
Next time I'm back in Montreal on a late flight, I'lll probably stay here instead of the Aloft.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with. Terrific to read you enjoyed the level of service we provide our guest and the renovations that have been going on at the hotel. We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel at some time in the future. Best regards, Kevin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Nettlebed, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Booked by the airline which flight was cancelled..ok for the purpose but not great. Tiny bathroom, broken toilet seat, room with two queen beds which were very comfortable but the duvet was very heavy. Desk area with chair and one lazy chair.
The walk to the room was loooooong...
Noisy because close to the runway.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us. We do appreciate that you did so. Hopefully next time you get to spend a little more time with us to enjoy the level of service and services we do provide our guest. Best regards, Kevin.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was a nice stay but unfortunately I can't say much about the amenities since I hardly got time to go outside my room. The room was comfortable despite the poor bathroom cleaning. It is important to be aware that this is a hotel by the airport so be ready to hear the planes taking off and landing. It is deeply recommended to drive by to get something to do, see or eat. Breakfast wasn't included and I didn't think it was worth the 30$ room service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. We do appreciate your feedback hopefully next time you will be able to stay with us and enjoy the full level of service and services we provide to our guest. We will look into feedback on the bathroom cleanliness, our guest comments are usually very positive on this point. Once again thank you and best regards, Kevin.
OC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am a lifetime platinum member of Starwood - so I've stayed in a lot of properties. This was my second stay - as an airport hotel, it was convenient, easy to get to, clean, staff was pleasant and it had my favorite beds, pillows and sheets on the club level. This last week when I stayed, I had gone to the airport and was almost through security when I received a call from my "emergency contact" where it was 2 am. She told me the hotel had called and found my wallet outside. Seconds later the hotel called to tell me - I'm thinking they would probably fed ex it to me - I had my passport - but lo and behold, the manager, Jules, told me to go back outside American and he would bring it to me. And he did - he took the shuttle to the airport, brought me my wallet and would accept no reward. That is above and beyond and I would like to recognize his effort. I also realized that my getting to the airport early paid off this time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are all thrilled to read that the level of service Jules provided exceeded all your expectation. Jules as our Guest Experience Director really showed his and the teams commitment to delivering truly a differentiating and memorable experience while staying with us. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Kevin.
Michigan, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I spent just one night here and would return if in need of an airport hotel. The airport shuttle van was not easy to spot, the sign on the van was quite small. Room was furnished well and they offer free in-room Starbucks coffee. Soundproofing was good and everything was in good condition.

The hotel was quite full with teenagers who were fortunately mostly on the ground-level floor (I was on the top floor). When I went downstairs to check out the pool and restaurant, it was pretty chaotic, but they were just having fun.

I had a salad at the restaurant and it was satisfactory but a bit pricey. But I guess that's what you expect from hotel restaurants nowadays: mediocre food and high prices.

Check-out took quite long. There was only one agent to assist customers and the person in front of me took nearly 10 minutes - not sure why. By the time I finished checking out (took all of one minute), the shuttle van had just driven away so had to wait another 15 minutes for the next one. More staff at the front desk was obviously needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor to avoid noises from those above you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on your stay with us. We do appreciate your feedback and will strive to improve the level of service to exceed all guest expectations. We do look forward to your return visit. Best regards, Kevin.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this airport facility due to the fact that our daughter was arriving very early in the morning to go on another trip with us. We were extremely disappointed with both the level of service as well as the amenities at the Club Level. The lounge was not staffed and the minimal amounts of food and drinks were gone almost immediately. In fact, we had no breakfast because everything had been consumed and there was no one to replace it.

The facility itself is beautiful and clean. Unfortunately, the front desk staff were too busy chatting to answer our call asking to leave the parking lot after they had given us an expired exit pass.

I do not think that this hotel merits the premium paid.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are well-soundproofed
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the level of service your received. No excuses this should not have happened, it is not reflective of the level of service we provide. Our goals are to exceed expectation. Unfortunately in this case we have failed. Our Club rooms and lounge are extremely popular with our guest. We take great pride in the newly renovated lounge and find it gives us a great opportunity to connect with our guest in a relaxed atmosphere. We have conducted a full review of what went wrong on that particular day with our senior team and feedback from our associates so this does not repeat. Once more my sincere apologies, Kevin.
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay if flying in or out of Dorval airport. Nothing nearby. Hotel restaurant typically over priced, but waiters good. Front desk very friendly and helpful. At least they has a special on with free Internet and free parking

• Stayed August 2013
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the hotel. Great to read you enjoyed the level of service you received from all our associates. We will take on board your feedback regarding the price point in our restaurant. Best regards, Kevin.

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!