“Beautiful surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Corner Brook, Canada
“Beautiful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel is just stunning. My family and I only overnighted here because of an early morning flight but we wish we could have stayed longer. Beds were extremely comfortable, and staff were efficient. Shuttles on time.,..all important.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your review on your short stay with us. Terrific you enjoyed our Sweet Sleeper bed all our guest give us this feedback as they have had a great nights rest on our beds. Hopefully we will see you again longer next time and fully explore our services. Best regards, Kevin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Trail, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a hotel chain I generally avoid, and this visit did not change my mind. The big plus is it is close to the airport and the shuttle is quick and efficient. I was in the tower, the room was clean, neat and modern, but clearly they have some rooms on the main floor that are not up to date. The hallway was not as clean as the room.

At night the room was a tad hot so we tried to turn up the A/C, no go. We called the front desk and they were little help, so we went to sleep, then there is a sudden knock and the room door swings opens, it the security guard. He came up to tell us there is no A/C until mid-summer but suggested we open the window. I kid you not, we are in bed and he is hanging in the doorway, uninvited, talking to us in the dark. Someone should show this guy the phone system and take away his passkey.

Like others I found the restaurant was overpriced. I booked a room for two -- breakfast included at $20 extra, but when I got there I got a voucher good for breakfast for one? What is up with that? Even the desk clerk said it was really stupid and a tad misleading. My son dined on a mountain of greasy tatter tots, that were cold, as nothing else was very appealing. All for only $20, nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest, my sincere apologies for the level of service you received while staying with us. We will certainly look into the issues and feedback you gave us. This is not the normal level of service we provide. Once more my sincere apologies, Kevin.
Ho Chi Minh City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a typical Sheraton hotel, easy to find your way, but in Montreal they exaggerate. To walk from the club floor to the gym takes you (with high pace) at least 8 minutes. worse than an airline terminal.

If you insist on non smoking rooms, go for club lounge. al the other rooms, management cannot guarantee they are absolutely smoke free.

Staff is friendy, restaurant as expected from a Sheraton hotel. Shuttle goes every 20 minutes. great when it is summer, not so funny when it is winter.

Rooms: All is well maintained and functions well. bed easy to get lost in...

Room Tip: If walking is not your thing, ask for a room close to the elevators....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated. All our rooms are non smoking and have been for many years. Our policy is clearly stated in the rooms. After verifying the walk from the 5th floor Club rooms to our gym it took me 3 minutes and 30 seconds, mind you I did not encounter traffic and the elevator was quick going down the 4 floors. Our Club floor with the Club lounge features is great value. Best regards, Kevin.
Lethbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Missed a connection from Montreal to Calgary and Air Canada put us up - very nice.
Hotel was quiet - no sound of planes that must of flew overhead. We had a room with a kingsize bed - it was very comfortable. Room was very large (it may have just seemed that way because our last hotel had been in Paris - but it was very roomy). It is always a pain to have to pay for internet connection today - especially when most of the bargain hotels provide it free. Shutttle to and from the airport terminal worked like a charm.

Good food in the restaurant - a trifle expensive.

My views may be a bit slanted as we had just spent 20 hours travelling from Cameroun but it was a very nice stay. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Room 1113 was very nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Great to read you enjoyed your stay with us. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again to enjoy the level of service we do provide. Best regards, Kevin.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here one night before an early morning departure. The hotel was a bit difficult to find with all the construction in the area, but we made it (just be prepared for a few odd turns).

The hotel is literally a 2 minute shuttle to the Airport. Unfortunately, reserving a shuttle time doesn't mean you will get a spot on the shuttle at that time. At our reserve time there were 20 others waiting and we and to wait for the next shuttle. Stressful when going to the airport, however, the Sheraton made up for this by adding another shuttle, so it was only a 5 minute wait for the next one. Impressed by that move.

The room was nice, modern, clean and new. For being beside the airport our room was quiet with only a few takeoff rumbles, but nothing to wake us up or keep us from sleeping.

We took advantage of their parking deal. After searching the web, the Sheraton had by far the lowest park and stay rate, and the lot is easily accessed from the hotel.

Nearby amenities are few, and difficult to access (especially if you don't have a car), but this is the nature of an airport hotel.

Overall, I highly recommend the Sheraton. It was a surprisingly well appointed, new, and modern hotel for the cost.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your stay with us. We certainly appreciate your feedback and recommendation. Hopefully we will be seeing back again at the hotel to enjoy the full range of services we provide. Best regards and I do hope you enjoyed your trip. Kevin.
Montreal, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm from Montreal and I had to stay at the hotel for a business meeting. Since I had the impression that the hotel was there for quite a while, I thought it would be old and ugly. My room was very modern, very clean and attractive as if they just renovated. I would not have minded staying there for a few more days.

The gym room was nice since the treadmills were looking at the airport. We could see the plane taking off in the morning. Longest jogging I ever did. I was fascinated.

Conference Room were also cozy. Nothing to complaint.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kevin G, General Manager at Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We have gone through major renovation renovations in the past year or so touching all services, meeting rooms, restaurants or bedrooms and added a full service spa to our indoor outdoor swimming pool set in our beautifully landscaped gardens. Fantastic to read you enjoyed your stay, truly appreciate your feedback. We do offer memberships to our pool and fitness center. Let us know if you need our assistance to join. Best regards, Kevin
Fall River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really liked this hotel. The room (244) was quite nice and large enough for me. It might be a squease for more than two people though. I was afraid that my room might be a little noisy since it was right at the end of the conference room halways but I slept quite soundly with no disturbance at all.

The bed was comfortable and the washroom clean. There was only a shower and no bathtub which wasn't a problem for me.

The hotel does charge for WiFi which really irritates me as I figure that this should be complimentary in all hotels now.

The onsite restaurant was nicely priced and the food was great. The personnel was very friendly.

The shuttle was easy to find and I did not have to wait very long. This hotel is not very far from the airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for kind review on your stay with us. Great to read your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed the level of service we provide. The WI-FI is free in our lobby and restaurants areas for your pleasure. Hopefully we will be seeing you again. Best regards, Kevin.

Been to Sheraton Montreal Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!