“excellent value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Drummondville
Montreal, Canada
“excellent value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Clean room, very comfy bed, nice staff, easily accessible Wi-FI service in your room and elsewhere in hotel, good breakfasts which were included with my room and free newspaper in French and English. Right across a major shopping mall and near many restaurants. Great value.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Summerside, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We booked this hotel because it allowed pets and was about half way from PEI to Ontario. The room was well appointed although in need of a bit of paint. The front desk staff was very good with no problem helping us in english. Our room had direct access to the outside which was a real plus when walking our small dog. Really impressed with the restaurant for a hotel restaurant the selection was very good although a bit pricey, good atmosphere and service, they do a potato dish that is like a scalloped potato with an egg base and a spice that I couldnt identify and they wouldnt share. It was excellent

Room Tip: If not taking a pet you might want to get an upper level room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our night was a noisy one - it looked like there may have been a hockey tournament the next day and the was a lot of running up and down the halls and shouting. That said, this wasn't the hotels fault. The bilingual staff were very friendly with a super fast check-in process. The room was pretty standard for best westerns, the bed was comfortable and had a newer duvet style cover on it. The "secure" parking was kind of funny consisting of a 2x4 wooden arm coming down to block car access to the open parking lot behind with a 4" curb. That said, it was well lit, with easy access to the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on September 12 , 2013 on our way home from Sudbury Ontario to Moncton NB. It is situated off the highway at half way which was convenient. It is a bit dated but we had a nice quiet room with two comfortable beds and lot of pillow which was nice if you want to watch TV.
Room service served us two excellent meals. They had an excellent seafood crepes with lots of shrimp and large scallops and lots of cheese all serve with fresh vegetable. Yummy!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joannie B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Universel Drummondville, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Bonjour

Thank you for taking the time to complete this reviews following your visit to the Best Western Plus Hôtel Universel.

Your comments on our performance were most generous and shall be passed on to the appropriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated.

The restaurant ‘La Verrière’ offers a varied menu as ‘table d'hôte’ served at the restaurant or the a la carte menu available at the restaurant and rooms service for a small extra. The restaurant close at 10pm and we have a bar, called ‘El Casino’ where you can eat before 10pm and take a drink until the close.

Concerning ours rooms, we have planned some renovations for them in the near future.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Hôtel Universel the time you are in Drummondville. We look forward to your return.
Bloomfield Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We decided to overnight here as it was close to the highway and we were just staying one night . The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful . We were worried that there might be a language problem but that was not the case at all . All staff was very helpful .

Room Tip: We ate in the dining room here and although there was not a lot on the menu that we understood the f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Joannie B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Universel Drummondville, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Bonjour

Thank you for you cooperation in taking the time to complete our comment card following your visit to the Best Western Plus Hôtel Universel.

All front desk employee need to be bilingual and all of our menu are in French and English. For the breakfast we had a buffet every day until 6 am to 9:30 am.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Spending the night in Drummondville was a last minute decision and there wasn't very much hotel availability the weekend that I visited the area. First, I booked my room via Priceline. I found the rate a little higher than warranted for the area, but there were few options at that point. What I didn't realize when I made the reservation was that there a huge wedding scheduled for the same night.

I am fairly confident that the hotel staff gave us the worst room in the entire hotel. From our room, we could here every noise from the wedding reception below until it finished - around 3am. The noise was so loud that we could literally hear entire conversations. Of course, we didn't realize that the placement of the room would be problematic until we got back from a long day of sight-seeing and were trying to get much needed rest. Had we gotten back to the hotel any earlier and realized the wedding noise would be a problem, we would have requested a different room. Either way, I'd recommend that anyone staying at this hotel during an event be careful where the hotel places you.

The hotel itself was nothing spectacular, but it was perfectly fine for a quick trip. The amenities were really closer to the 2 1/2 stars level in my opinion. One plus was that Wi-fi internet was included in our hotel rate. We had the breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant. It was ok, but it wasn't included in the hotel rate. The price was pretty steep especially considering that coffee was an extra cost. All in all, I probably will avoid this hotel if I ever make it back to Drummondville.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus Hôtel Universel Drummondville. We appreciate you taking the time to write and hope you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience your experienced.

We are disappointed we failed to give you the fine attention and considerations we strive for with all our guest have a good stay. We have investigated your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

Alos we are a Best Western Plus and we have some standards to respect and we are and four stars hotel. When we have wedding in our meeting rooms, we placed the entire weeding group on the same floor and we try to put the other guests on other floor to minimize the noise.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Plus Hôtel Universel the next time you are in Drummondville. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus in Drummondville and forgot my tablet. I called the hotel as soon as I realized I had left it there. The front desk took down my name and told me they would call back to let my know if it was found. Moments later I received the call that they found it and they would ship it to my home immediately. When I received the package a few days later, my charger that I had forgot as well but I didn't mentioned in the call, was in the package. In the past at other hotels my mom experienced things stolen from her room or taken from the cleaning staff. This hotel went beyond my expectations and made it super easy to get my tablet back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Joannie B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Universel Drummondville, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Bonjour,

We are pleased to confirm the honesty of our employees. All objects found in the rooms are listed in safety and they are sorted by item number and everything is managed directly at the reception. This usually makes it easier when customers contact us when they realize that their object is missing. These are kept for a maximum period of 3 months.

It is a pleasure to read your comment and I'll make sure the departments concerned have to be made aware of it.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Universel Drummondville? Share your experiences!