This review is written after the much talked about renovations were done on the hotel. It is now beautiful and I almost don't want to rave about it because it will drive the prices up on this very good deal. It's probably priced as such due to the distance from downtown (more later).
My in-laws were visiting from Japan - a country where a very high value is put on aesthetics - and although my guests are quite down to earth, they certainly appreciated the classiness of this hotel. Front desk staff were friendly and accommodating (in a "it's my summer job" kind of way), the rooms were very comfortable (the sheets not reeking of chemicals as in some hotels), and the pool area was busy with kids, which was maybe a good sign. The water was clean and fitness equipment was "new" and in great shape.
The breakfast had some of the best pancakes I have had in a while in a hotel breakfast, and everything else in the buffet was quite nice, with good variety to fill everyone up. Parking was free, which was appropriate given the area of the city and extensive lot. Of course, for those who don't know Montreal, it's important to note that you'll have to be prepared to drive a while to get downtown. Not overly long if not during rush hour, but it's definitely not "in" the city. Allow at least 25 minutes on a good traffic day. That said, it's directly off the highway so is easily accessible.
I would definitely stay here again, and would definitely recommend it to anyone, as long as they don't mind the distance from downtown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pour de l'information en franÃ§ais, visitez: Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Aeroport Hotel. Welcome to a Warm and Friendly Montreal, Quebec Hotel La Belle Province of Canada We are located in the heart of Montreal's West Island just minutes from Montreal's Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL) with a free airport shuttle and Dorval Train Station.For business, the Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Airport Hotel in Montreal, Quebec offers extensive meeting & convention facilities. Our 14 meeting rooms and nearly 10,000 square feet of space can accommodate up to 750 guests and caters to corporate and social events.Leisure travelers love our close proximity to one of Canada's largest shopping malls: the famous Fairview Mall in Pointe Claire is situated just across the street from our Montreal, Quebec hotel. We're just 20 minutes from downtown Montreal and close to several major tourist attractions and family-oriented activities that can be reached within minutes from our Montreal airport hotel.We offer free high-speed Internet access in each room, free parking, an indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, squash courts and a fantastic breakfast buffet daily. Our restaurant and bar offer business and casual dining. Guests have 24-hour access to the fitness and business centres. Please make your next reservation at Holiday Inn Pointe Claire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport Hotel Pointe Claire
- Pointe Claire Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Pointe Claire Montreal Airport Canada - Quebec