“Culinary miscue” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Culinary miscue”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

My wife and I had a free meal through a gift card here. Food wise it was an unmitigated disaster. The fried parmesan was out of a box and something I could accomplish at home with a trip to M&M's. My veal was about as tough as my shoe. My wife's blue cheese cream sauce mussels were very good. Cudos on that dish. We skipped dessert because at this point it did not seem worth it. Service throughout the whole meal was friendly and polished. If only the food could match the service this place with the modern decor and reasonable prices this place would be a success.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

61% Recommend
Montreal
“Average Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

My wife had the shrimp linguini and I had the bavette of beef. My wife stated that her plate was good, but my beef was not up to par & too spicey. All in all a so-so experience. We will not return.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

Bad service....couldn't bring water or braid even after asking twice!!! Salmon was raw...when notified she argued that it was supposed to be like that....I am a chef and know how to cook salmon a little rare ok but not raw....I have had over a thousand salmon and have never seen that!!! Over all terrible experience and I will never go back! Plus I work with the public so I advise everybody I know or meet not to go and waste their time and money!!! Nice job academie....I think you should go back to the restaurant academie and pay attention this time!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Not worth a return visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This restaurant had such promise - too bad it wasn't good. The bread they put on the table was the best part of the meal. The soup was watery, the pasta portion was small and relatively tasteless. The service is slow - so slow that we even cancelled our dessert order. We won't be back there anytime soon.

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Montreal, Canada
“Good food at affordable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Have been to L'Academie a few times. The special from Sunday to Wednesday at $12.95 for all mussels & pasta dishes on the menu can't be beat. The food is always fresh, the price is very good. Restaurant is very noisy but the food makes up for it. Must give it a try. One of the best bring your own wine in the West island.

• Visited December 2011