“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had the Cobb salad and the creme brulee it was delicious!! We went here on 2 different occasions during our stay in Canmore and both times the food was fabulous and our servers were super friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2013

Winnipeg
“We Can Hardly Wait To Go Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had a wonderful meal experience here. They heard it was our anniversary and the chef sent over two complimentary appetizer sampler trays. Our pasta dish was absolutely wonderful; even the bread was great. The special dessert of the day was to die for. It was a rhubarb & raspberry cobbler with ice-cream. Our server, Stephanie, was lovely, helpful and efficient. Our experience overall could not have been better.

• Visited August 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Sensational Six-Course Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of being guests at a wedding reception at Murrieta's Bar and Grill in Canmore. We had the place to ourselves, there were about 150 guests, and I was most impressed with the organization, efficiency, and focus of the staff as they garnished and served one dish after another to everybody there. They were attentive with the wine throughout the evening, and were pleased to accomodate special requests (I wanted rooibos tea when cocktails were being served). The arctic char that I ordered for my main course was served hot and juicy, and the lamb meatballs were melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The servers were competent, pleasant, and professional, and they 'let their hair down' a little when the meal was done and the dancing had begun, sharing jokes, clowning just a bit, and laughing along with the wedding guests. The ambience of Murrieta's is gorgeous, the menu items original and delicious, and the staff confident and proficient. We live in Edmonton, and after such a positive experience at Murrieta's in Canmore, I'm looking forward to trying Murrieta's in Edmonton, as well!

• Visited July 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“This place rocks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Excellent food choices, great ambiance and Steve the bartender is awesome! Was so good, I came here twice. Try the orecchiette pasta special or beef burger...yum!

• Visited July 2013
Chicago Suburbs, Illinois
“Good food and service. Beware wine "bait and switch."”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The food was delicious, but when I ordered my second glass of wine, our waitress brought a decanter of an "alternate" wine to the table and asked if I would like to taste it. I did, and it was good, so I said OK to her offer to fill my glass. There was no mention of a price difference. Only when we got the bill did we discover that the "alternate" wine cost $3.50 more per glass! Although we left without complaining, the experience certainly left us a with a feeling that we were unknowingly influenced to pay more in a somewhat dishonest manner. It made us wonder if this is done routinely to other diners.

• Visited June 2013