“Fantastic View” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Calgary, Canada
“Fantastic View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went for lunch here on a weekday, only one waitress working, don't know if this is usual, but she seemed to be a little overwhelmed but incredibly nice. Mountain view looking down (upstairs seating) on downtown, was stunning and keeped my boyfriend and I entertained as we watched the town go about its day. Food was very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Calgary, Canada
“Great place, great service and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a party of 6 and this was my 3rd time dining at Murrietas. Needless to say I will be back again next time I am in town with friends. We went for dinner and were greeted by the hostess who gave us the option of sitting in the dining room or lounge, which I thought was nice, we chose to sit in the dining room. We were greeted by our server Cailean who was very welcoming and helpful with the menu seeing as I have only been here for lunch before. She recommended a great bottle of white wine that we all really enjoyed, I had the chicken entree that was delightful! The chicken was full of flavor and pasta that was served with it was really good too. A manager came by to check on us at one point, I think his name was Cody, who asked how everything was going which was really nice. I also noticed him going to many tables too since I am a manager at a restaurant in Calgary.
Thanks for excellent experience all around, and will definitely recommend it to others.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Canmore, Canada
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The food and service was exactly what my girlfriend and i needed for our special night out! All and all i rate 10/10. I strongly recommend this resturant!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Nice surroundings,great views, service very good. Food was a little disappointing. My husband ordered a side of portobello mushrooms. $8 for 2 mini portobellos that were overcooked. Prime rib was ok . I had the special of veal and ham wrapped in cabbage, it was tasty but again dry. We have enjoyed lunch here previously but dinner was warm and overcooked this time. It was disappointing for a Friday night out .

Visited March 2013
Banff, Alberta
“Bad service, mediocre food, not work the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went for a birthday party with a group of 10. Both my husband and I ordered salad, which took 40 minutes to arrive. The waiter, who's name was Steve, wouldn't tell us the specials until we were all arrived, stating "I only want to have to tell you this once". When more people arrived he rolled his eyes and said " Well, okay, I was waiting to tell you just once, but I guess I will tell you now". I was not drinking alcohol that night, and I had to keep asking for water. I wasn't the only one at the table with an empty glass. He would just give you water if you asked for it. I should also say that it was not busy and we were his only table. My husband and I also split crab cakes which were pretty gross. Dried out and tasted like old fish. I had scallops as my main dish and they were way over cooked and tasteless. My husband had lamb meat balls and they were super salty. The waiter came back 20 minutes later to ask how the food was, by that time I just got too hungry and ate half. This restaurant has so much potential to be great as the menu dishes sound amazing. It also has a great open vibe and a place I could see myself going back to if the service and food ever improves. I wouldn't recommend it, our dinner came to over 100$. And we didn't have any thing to drink but water.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Aaron P, Manager at Murrieta's Restaurant, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We appreciate all feedback, good or bad. I have tried on numerous occasions to rectify this concern with the user but have never received a response from them. It is fine to post reviews that diminish the success of a business but to not allow that business to correct their imperfections makes no sense to us.