“Good food...BAD service!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 87 Restaurants in Canmore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza & Pasta, Vegetarian, Family Fare, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: There are many things we are passionate about at Rocky Mountain Flatbread: using lots of local & organic produce, free range organic meats & Ocean Wise seafood. Watch the show as we create handcrafted flatbread pizzas, daily pastas, seasonal soups, salads & desserts "to live for" from our open kitchens & artisan ovens. We also provide a wide selection of B.C. Wines & local craft beers. And for all those pizza lovers who are wheat intolerant or have nut allergies - we create extremely tasty gluten free and nut free pizzas! Our daily salads, soups & cheesecakes are also gluten free and nut free!
“Good food...BAD service!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were really excited to go to this restaurants after reading the reviews. The wait to get a table was fine for a Sunday night. The atmosphere is fun and warm for a cool Spring Day. Our drinks got messed up in the first 5 minutes. The table next to us ordered, got their food, and finished their meal before I got my cold appetizer. They brought out 1 kids meal at that time. Then they brought the main course.... Food was very good!! However, we finished our meal before we realized that they never did bring out the 2nd kids meal!! Onced informed they admitted they forgot and brought it out. I wouldn't rush to go back here again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canmore, Alberta, Canada
“Don't wait to go.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

After having lived here for over 3 years, someone gave us a GC to RMFC and obvious incentive to go after having put it off for no real reason.
The first time we had the Fig & Goat Cheese salad, the Chicken Apple large Flatbread and the apple crumble for dessert. All 3 of these items are top notch. First time was quite busy and we sat at the bar, which is fine with us. The Bartender was attentive and friendly.
We have now been 4 times, one of those was take away.
Last night we went because it is the first annual uncorked festival in Canmore and we wanted to support. We were happy to note RMFC had a $19 set menu, (or 39 with wine pairings). Though they were out of one of the starter options, they were willing to give a substitute (I chose the fig salad...I love it), then I had the Pork tenderloin medallions (with sweet potato mash and brocollini), one of the best pork entree's I have eaten in a restaurant in a long time. The pork was done just right, not overdone or tough, super juicy and tender...yummmy sauce to go with it too.
The dessert was double fudge brownie, which was great as well...just right and nice and moist.
Wonderful to see they can do great food other than flatbreads!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Good food, so-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I was really looking forward to going to this restaurant. The atmosphere is busy, but comfortable. The dinning room is bright and modern and the menu offers a lot of options. The only downfall was the service. I think they forgot to make my pizza, so I didn't actually get it until everyone else in my party had finished. I wasn't offered an apology, only told that my pizza "took longer" to cook. They also didn't offer me any kind of price discount for being served well after the rest of the table had finished eating. If my food had shown up a little bit later I wouldn't have been mad, but it didn't show up until after everyone else was finished. When it did arrive it was delicious, as was everyone else's food, but I just can't recommend this place because of how I was treated. Too bad.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had one of the special salads (can't remember which one); the daily special flatbread and the dessert flatbread. Normally we don't like to eat enough to feel stuffed but on this occasion we couldn't help ourselves. We will definitely be back!

Visited March 2014
Nelson, Canada
“just very, very nice...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Did not know to which restaurant we would take our Dutch guests as we are still pretty new to Canmore. Heard good news about this restaurant and checked it on tripadvisor... Tried it, and really enjoyed the ambiance, the tasty original pizza's that are just made and baked before your eyes, the service. It just made one very nice experience. Although I'm more into steaks than pizza... we'll be back here for more.

• Visited March 2014