“Best in Canmore” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Healthy, Pizza & Pasta, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: There are many things we are passionate about at Rocky Mountain Flatbread: using lots of local & organic produce, free range organic meats & Ocean Wise seafood. Watch the show as we create handcrafted flatbread pizzas, daily pastas, seasonal soups, salads & desserts "to live for" from our open kitchens & artisan ovens. We also provide a wide selection of B.C. Wines & local craft beers. And for all those pizza lovers who are wheat intolerant or have nut allergies - we create extremely tasty gluten free and nut free pizzas! Our daily salads, soups & cheesecakes are also gluten free and nut free!
Red Deer, Canada
“Best in Canmore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

At the end of a great day of skiing This place provides you with a great atmosphere and top notch service .Not to mention the best food in town and probably the best flat-bread pizza you can get anywhere (the apple chicken is divine).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lethbridge, Alberta
“Should be rated #1 not #2!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This restaurant is incredible!! Though the prices are a touch high, the food is definitely worth every penny! The meals are creative, fresh, and are made from high quality ingredients. I ordered pasta and salad for lunch and would definitely have it again! My boyfriend ordered pizza and salad for lunch, and he was quite happy with the quality. The only downside for him was the pizza wasn't filling enough (he has a large appetite though).

Our server was excellent. Prompt and friendly.

This restaurant seems to benefit many local farmers and causes as well, which I greatly admire.

Next time I'm in Canmore, this will be one of my first stops!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“What a delightful surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My partner had read about this place, so we stopped in for a late Saturday lunch, before heading home after two days in Canmore.

I'm only regretting that I haven't tried this place until now.

Their 'Soup and More' menu item jumped off the menu at me, so I went with it.

The pea soup with creme freche was delicious, as was the wedge of flat bread that came with it.

As the 'more' part, I had the Apple Chicken pizza. Wow...it was delicious.

All fresh ingredients.

As I read more about this restaurant, I was struck by their community involvement and their support of local farmers, as well as their contribution to the environment.

They also recognize locals who are involved in making Canmore a better place for everyone.

BRAVO.

I nice touch is the cooler, from which you can purchase a number of pizza selections to take home.

Another nice feature is the wood-fired, open oven in the restaurant, where they cook the meals in plain view.

I'd go back here in a flash.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cochrane, Canada
“Fabulous Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here on the recommendation of friends. They have been to Italy and said that the pizza here was just as good as what they had there. I had the Flatbread Special and my husband had one of the standard flatbreads. Both had fantastic flavour combinations and having been cooked in a wood fired stone oven, were cooked perfectly. Our server was quick, very friendly and never kept us waiting. We had three other staff stop by throughout our meal to see if we needed anything and to make sure everything was alright. The place became extremely busy and there was a line up of people waiting to sit down. The maximum capacity of the place is 65 people, but the food and service is worth the wait! Can't wait to eat there again!

Visited November 2013
Edmonton
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

4 Adults and 4 children all ended up here for dinner. Only found it due to another restaurant down the road being full and they recommended it. First time we have ever gone out and all 3 of our kids giving their food a 2 thumbs up! As for the adults, same thing. We had the pasta specials and they were not only large portions but very tasty. We had to try something from the wood staove so we had flatbread appetizer which was delicious. Definately give this place a try. And the service was second to none! Thank you guys!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere