“Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Global Nomad
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Breakfast here is excellent. I have only been for the Eggs Benedict and will return one day for the same. Very good

Visited August 2012

“Don't expect much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

After the great reviews we thought to have a look. We went for breakfast and while the menu was quite good, the service was absolutely horrible. Upon entry we were not welcomed by the waitress, just rudely showed us a table with her back turned the whole time. The food was basic but enough, but don't try to order a second coffee unless you want to get up and make it yourself!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canmore, Canada
“Breakfast: Could be better at these prices, but okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Had a 2 eggs Benedict salmon and asparagus. Smoked salmon was all right, but not the best I've had. Hollandaise sauce is not very good, it's like melted butter taste. Hash browns and coffee were ok.

I'm new in Canmore, so how don't know yet How it works here, but 14.50$ for this plate and coffee not included (add 2.99$). It's very expensive over all for what you get.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lincolnshire, England
“A Nasty Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Due to a postponed flight from Vancouver we were not able to make it to our original dining destination. Being a Saturday night, it was very difficult to get a reservation at such short noticed so we decided to explore Canmore to see what we could find. Many a gem has been found in this way – sadly not on this occasion.

We stumbled across Chez Francois and they were able to accommodate our party of four – they looked moderately busy but there was a few empty tables. The choices on the menu looked okay.

I should have seen problems ahead as I had to ask for bread after being seated for a while and got a muttered response from the waiter on the lines of “give me a chance”. We eventually ordered, some of us had starters while others decided on just a main course and potentially a dessert. The lack rapport between us continted - some might say business-like, I would say abrupt. We had just returned from a cruise and had got used to exemplary service.

The food was reasonable but very slow in coming. The waiter would pass us now and again and say “it’s on its way”, for both the starters and (some time later) the mains. For those without a starter the main course arrived over an hour after ordering. One of our party ordered roast potatoes with their meal and some dried looking things arrived on the plate which looked green to me. Our waiter curtly told us that these were purple Alberta potatoes in a way that we should have known – we are from the UK and our friends who are resident in Canada had no idea either.

We decided that our dining experience was not a success so we skipped dessert and asked for the bill/check. As I was not happy with the service I decided that I was not going to leave a tip – I see no point in rewarding bad service. Our “friendly” waiter noticed that I had not added any tip on the card machine and then had the barefaced cheek to ask if I was going to leave a cash tip! When I told him I would not and explained why, a stare of disbelief was the response. He eventually just turned away and flounced out of the restaurant.

What really rounded off a thoroughly unpleasant experience was that our now clearly disgruntled waiter stood behind the bar mocking our English accents as we left.

As a seasoned international traveller, this was the worst experience I have had in any restaurant in my life anywhere!

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canmore, Canada
“Yummy Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went for a late Sunday breakfast with family. Relaxed atmosphere, child friendly, and a very extensive breakfast menu. Everyone was very pleased with their food. The only downside was slow service. It's a big restaurant and doesn't seem to have enough staff to go around on a busy day.

Visited November 2012