“Unique activity!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 14 Attractions in Canmore
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Canmore Cave Tours operates year-round tours in Rat's Nest Cave, near Canmore, Alberta, Canada. For those seeking as much excitement as possible, including squeezes, rappels, and other adrenaline-inducing activities we offer a 6-hour "Adventure Tour". For those just looking to sample what the cave has to offer, or those with less time, we offer a 4.5 hour "Explorer Tour". We can offer these tours year-round, in any weather because the cave is a constant 5 degrees Celsius, a comfortable temperature any time of the year.
5 attraction reviews
“Unique activity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My son (13) and I loved it! Out of all our activities on our 16 day vacation, this was by far our most unique activity.
Calvin, our guide was great. He was very knowledgeable and entertaining. We loved the part where we turned off our head lamps and the cave became pitch black. The one negative that I must say is that they should use Febreeze or soak the helmets in bleach. The helmets smell of sweat. Overalls get washed, so should the helmets.

Visited July 2014

Edmonton, Canada
“Fun Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My friend and I did the Explorer tour, and although we were nervous about what the tour entailed it turned out to be great fun. The hike up the mountain was great, as the guide took her time and told interesting information along the way. Inside the caves was great. We were underground for 2 hours. The perfect amount of time. If you are claustrophobic, this tour is not for you. However, our guide knew our limits very quickly off the bat, and she was accommodating.

Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing caving adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My friend and I went on the 4 hour caving adventure while in Alberta and had an absolute blast! It was the best part of my trip. We are both in our 20s and in decent shape but still found this adventure challenging. It was more physically demanding than I anticipated but was well worth the energy. We had Nelson as our guide and he was friendly, patient and knowledgable. He was also extremely helpful to everyone in the group and I coudn't have made it up the last rock climb without him. Thanks for a wonderful experience. I would reccommend this to everyone looking for some adventure!

Visited June 2014
4 attraction reviews
“Crazy trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Never been anywhere like this before. Danielle was a great guide telling us stories and helping us to have fun! Amazing views and an out of this world expirence. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I booked to go on the adventure tour on my own and had a brilliant time (don't be put off if you are on your own). This was an incredible experience. The activity takes up a big chunk of the day but is totally worth it. I have only previously visited the Cango Caves in South Africa which was great, but I enjoyed Rat’s Nest even more. Amy is a great guide, she is HILARIOUS but also very knowledgeable and you feel safe with her. We had a group of 8 really fun people and Amy really pulled us all together in the cave. We started the day with a (light) hike up to the cave, we were inside the cave for around 3 hours and then had the short hike back. I would advise warm clothes for inside the cave (they give you gloves) as it can get cold, especially when waiting for everyone to rappel down. Amy kept us all entertained with facts about the cave and with very entertaining stories. There was a lot of squeezing and squirming in the cave, and I really enjoyed turning our head-lamps out and trying to scramble around in the dark. I would definitely recommend this. If you are thinking about it, go for it!

Visited June 2014