“A nice place underground” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 43 things to do in Canmore
More attraction details
Owner description: Canmore Cave Tours operates year-round tours in Rat's Nest Cave, near Canmore, Alberta, Canada. For those seeking as much excitement as possible, including squeezes, rappels, and other adrenaline-inducing activities we offer a 6-hour "Adventure Tour". For those just looking to sample what the cave has to offer, or those with less time, we offer a 4.5 hour "Explorer Tour". We can offer these tours year-round, in any weather because the cave is a constant 5 degrees Celsius, a comfortable temperature any time of the year.
Canmore, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A nice place underground”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like the guide service, Nick He's anawesome guide in the cave, 1000% safe and great for childrens, we went for a trip with ythe scout troop during last summer, we take the large tour, kids were really happy, the cave is not dangerous but the guide takes all the safety cautions to make you feel comfortable inside.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Miguel D

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Action, adrenalin, views and learning!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This tour went far beyond what I expected. I thought it would be a dark slither around some caves, fun - but not particularly challenging. Wrong! Our guide was Eli, who lead us up the mountain giving us a small natural history of trhe region. In the caves he made sure each of us got the most from the underground time. One lady in our group found it quite difficult, so we went at her pace. To stop me and my friend getting bored, Eli sent us down the smaller, more challenging routes while we waited. And what a rush! Mentally and physically challenging - the adrenlin was pumping, the senses were tingeling....this was great!! Never once were we out of our comfort zones, but the beautiful caves and Eli's excellent guiding meant we all got the very best from the tour!

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Rustylou63
Vancouver, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The Adventure Tour in Rat's Nest Cave, Canmore, Alberta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend and I spent the better part of the day underground in Rat's Nest Caves, Canmore. What a great experience! We squeezed through the Laundry Chute, marveled at the formations, examined random bones and rappelled into the darkness. We barely noticed the hours slide by as we explored the darkness. Our guide, Kevin, was very safety conscious, professional, knowledgeable and just easy to be around.

I'd recommend this trip to anyone with a strong sense of adventure, reasonable amount of fitness... oh and maybe of a smaller stature!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Khaela
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fantastic Family Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We took our two teenage sons on a tour of the Rat's Nest Cave with Eli, who was a very knowledgeable and competent guide. We had the opportunity to go on the tour with a blind man and his friend. It is an experience our kids nor us will ever forget. All four of us found the tour challenging yet very doable and were amazed at having a blind man make his way thru the constantly changing terrain of the cave. It was a fantastic adventure that included rappelling, climbing, crawling, squeezing and sometimes walking thru rocky, muddy and craggy areas. Not sure what part of the adventure was our favorite. Either listening and conversing with Eli, the humor and determination of our new blind friend and his partner, or the fact that we all took on every challenge we were faced with. As a mom in her mid forties I found it every bit as rewarding as the first time I got up on a surf board! Some of the squeezes were tight, especially for my husband, but Eli reassured us and helped us realize we could do it. We were very happy that we tried and conquered the laundry chute, even though my helmet got stuck. But I remembered Eli's advice before going in and got myself thru. Definitely a great adventure that we are glad we came across. Word of advice, travel light. You can't take much in with you, but don't leave any valuables in your vehicle.

6 Thank TaminaM
Calgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Tour ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Spent 4 hours underground, did a rappel and crawled, scrambled my way through! Geological formations fascinating! Guides give a good spiel and are very informative as well as the Physical Adventure! Not for people who don't like the dark or don't want to get dirty and have fun!

Visited August 2012