“Fun, light-hearted entertainment with a good meal” 5 of 5 stars

Book a Tour
Ranked #12 of 38 Activities in Canmore
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for full evening of fun and laughter suitable for the entire family. Delight in celebrating Canada with a 4 course dinner and 2 hour live musical show. Offering free children, complimentary transport from Banff and senior discounts, Canmore's only evening attraction is not to be missed. Let us entertain you!
St-Bernard-de-Lacolle
7 attraction reviews
“Fun, light-hearted entertainment with a good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

As a tourist, I look for this kind of local entertainment. For under 100 dollars per person you get a rollicking 2 hour plus show with audience participation and 100% Canadian content, plus a lot of very decent food. I was provided with the vegetarian option, which was nice. My two companions raved about the meat. You can ask for refills and really you can't leave hungry. I particularly enjoyed the maple walnut salad and had 2 servings.

About the show: The performers, who also serve the meal, are engaging young people who keep the energy high. Our waiter was Tyler Anton, a sweet young man who took the time to pose for pictures with us in his Mountie costume after the show.

I loved the small historical aspect to the show, the tongue-in-cheek celebration of Canadian icons and most of all the non-stop Canadian music which included all my favourites from Joni MItchell to Leonard Cohen to Gordon Lightfoot to BTO.

There was audience participation, which consisted of various performers singling out random diners. My friend was hugged by Tyler and we got a fantastic picture of it.

Side note: this restaurant offers packages. When the receptionist learned that we were also planning an excursion to Lake Louise she gave us a discount if we bought our gondola tickets there, which we did.

I so highly recommend this show. Maybe it was my personality but I felt at home, I felt part of the whole experience and I felt the warmth of the celebration of Canadian culture which I don't often get in my home province of Quebec.

Visited July 2013
PamWarburton, General Manager at Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Show, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

You seemed to enjoy every aspect of the show that we feel is so special including the food, the interaction with our talented performers and the overall guest experience.

I will ensure all of the team here about your positive experience.

37 attraction reviews
“A fun, relaxing evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our group of about 30 attended this attraction as part of our tour. A fun, relaxing evening made even more memorable by their choice of me as "stud muffin"! What can I say...in these circumstances you go with the flow and in fact I had a great time even if I now have a new nickname! Our group talked about this particular highlight for days afterwards. Loved it all. Very talented people - they clearly had as much fun as we did. highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
Hello Stud Muffin :)

Thank you for your positive review of the show and your experience.

Your are correct, our staff do thoroughly enjoy performing and entertaining our guests and I am glad you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your tour and the whole experience of the Canadian Rockies and beyond.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“J&D, Middlesbrough :what a pity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

went to this show on 22nd may 2013. The entertainment was very very good , but oh the food was absolutely rubbish!!! I wouldn't have given it to a dog. The entertainers/ servers were brilliant as were the drinks , the show was funny and informative , really good entertainment and very friendly staff. The food was terrible , more like BAD school food .

Visited May 2013
Hello

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the show and your experience.

I am extremely sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations with the food.

However, I am very pleased you enjoyed the performance and the show.

We did experience some teething issues at the beginning of the season with regards to food and also had some kitchen machinery malfunctions. However this does not excuse us not living up to your expectations and for that I am very sorry.

I can assure you that if you ever return to the Rockies, our food is now better than ever and although not gourmet, it is definitely better than school dinners :)

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the area.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“something different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

we went with several of our travelling companions whilst on a coach tour - this was one of the optional extras. Everyone enjoyed the night and we came away with smiles on our faces. The food was ok, not gourmet but acceptable and the entertainment kept us well amused and entertained. Don't expect this to be Broadway or London's West End standard but all of the servers \ singers put their heart and soul into their performances and they seemed to enjoy themselves as much as their audience. Worth giving it a try for a different night out.

Visited June 2013
Hello

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your experience at the Oh Canada Eh? Dinner Show. We truly value all of the feedback received.

I agree that our food is not gourmet, but I hope you felt you experienced a little of Canadian cuisine and that the food was wholesome and homely and that no one went home hungry.

I also agree that we are not a West End Show or Broadway, however all of our talented performers have graduated from an accredited school of arts and they work extremely hard at entertaining all of our guests.

We are a different night out to the many wonderful restaurants in the area and we do pride ourselves on providing a little Canadiana to all of guests.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your review and I am glad you all left with smiles on your faces :)
Panama City, United States
10 attraction reviews
“Quite Entertaining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you are used to high quality shows, don’t go. But if you want entertainment, food and some “I didn’t know that” information, then this is a nice place to spend three hours. The arrival time is 6:15, and the show ended a bit after 9. All six entertainers also serve the food and drinks. There was plenty of food, served family-style. Take what you want and pass it down. If there wasn’t enough, they would gladly bring more. As an Yank, even I was choked up by the patriotism at the end of the show.

Visited May 2013
Hello

Thanks for writing a review on your time spent at the show. I read all reviews and do value all guests feedback and comments. Without them, we cannot learn and provide our guests with the service they are expecting.

I am very pleased that your enjoyed the show and I hope you did leave with a little 'I didn't know that' information :)

There are many songs that so many people assume are American and we love the 'ahaa' moment when the discover they are Canadian.

Our cast and crew are extremely proud of the show and of their patriotism so I am glad you felt that by the end of your evening.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in the Rockies.