Overall a great experience. A group of 6 (3 couples) shared a 3 bedroom condo here for 4 nights. The condo was clean, (but a little tired..paint chips on the walls, shakey toilet, frayed carpet)..but nothing major. The condo was a touch smaller than anticipated, but overall we never felt crampt. The location was awesome, the views from the king sized bed-room and patio were amazing, the queen and double bed rooms were tight!! Room for the beds, a night stand, and that was about it. No other furniture in the room. Again not a big deal as we only slept there. The king room had a nice ensuite and the other two bedrooms shared a bathroom which was no problem. The kitchen was stocked pretty cooked with just about everything you needed to make your own meals, dishes, utensils, pots, glasses, mugs, coffe maker, microwave, fullsizd fridge, stove, etc.
The hottub was also a nicwe hot temp.
The only major drawbacks was there was the 'service' as there is no staff or front desk on site. I also tried calling the property a few times before we arrived on a few different days ...nobody answered and their 'voice mail' was full..?? Check in and check out was at another property, and would have been nice to have someone there to refer a cab company, or direct us to good places for dinner. Also towels were a little chintzy in quality and number (for 6 people for 4 days). Also, like other reviews the parking is tight!!! We had a midsize and found it very cramped, if you havce a large suv..good luck!
Overall I would certainly recommend this place. It was quiet, and smaller, with great views.A lot of the other condos views in the area would be blocked by other condos, so overall this was a good property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fire Mountain Lodge mixes the amenities of a resort experience with the privacy and independence of your own condo. Stunning views of the famed Three Sisters peaks, Lawrence Grassi Ridge and Rundle Mountain draw the breathtaking outdoors into every room, while the urban-inspired interiors entice you to stay for good. Resort Amenities •Outdoor hot tub (open year-round) •Exercise room with men's and women's change rooms •Covered parking •High speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Fire Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fire Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Fire Mountain Lodge Canmore, Alberta