We stayed at Fire Mountain Lodge for Thanksgiving weekend in a 2 bedroom condo set up. First, the good stuff: The place was nice and we got a great view out the balcony window of the mountains. All the appliances worked well and the place was modern and relatively clean. Quite close to downtown Canmore (3 min. drive). Even though there's no staff on the premises, when we needed supplies for our room ( we needed more towels and bed sheets), they brought it promptly to our room.
Not so good stuff: The parking is very, very tight so if you have a big car, you might be in trouble. Some of the cleanness is questionable. The one bed sheet had a live bug in it and we checked it out throughly to make sure it wasn't a bedbug because it really did look like one. Also, we found a used bandaid stuck to another bed sheet. Yuck! Thirdly, if you have problems with stairs, this place has no elevators so make sure you request a main floor unit. You'll still get stairs (all units are 2 floors) but at least you have only one set to climb. Lastly, the booking staff at this place phoned us 2 weeks before our arrival to tell us that they were overbooked and that they had to move us to a completely different location. That was fine with us but when we got to our assigned condo, turned out that other people were staying there and they had moved us again but didn't bother to tell us! We had to phone the main office and find out for ourselves what had happened. Very inconvenient (as were travelling with 2 kids and 2 seniors) and very unprofessional. Next time, we might try another place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fire Mountain Lodge mixes the amenities of a resort experience with the privacy and independence of your own condo. Stunning views of the famed Three Sisters peaks, Lawrence Grassi Ridge and Rundle Mountain draw the breathtaking outdoors into every room, while the urban-inspired interiors entice you to stay for good. Resort Amenities •Outdoor hot tub (open year-round) •Exercise room with men's and women's change rooms •Covered parking •High speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Fire Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fire Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Fire Mountain Lodge Canmore, Alberta