We have stayed at another Bellstar property in Canmore in which we have had fantastic stays. We needed a third bedroom and so chose this Bellstar as it offered a third bedroom option. That was our first mistake...thinking the service and quality would be the same. Be aware...this is really a motel...with outside doors leading onto one long coridor with one flight of stairs. First of all there is no staff on site, which means you check in in another resort and also have nobody there to turn to when assistance is required. The room was all it said it would be....but the quality of the room is not the standard we have seen at Blackstone. Walls dented/rug burned/carpeting unravelling/rack in oven didn't fit this oven so couldn't lift it off the bottom as it would not stay. No flat cookie sheet to use in the oven for something as simple as baking a frozen pizza. Shower nozzle in the main bathroom had a mind of its' own so had to constantly adjut it to keep water flow on you. No water pressure in either shower. Fridge hummed loudly all the time. VERY loud for the person sleeping on the hide-a-bed. And if that isn't enough you can definitely hear the train 4 times a night! This is not the case with the Blackstone (which is just up the hill). With no staff on the property the partiers had the stairwell all to themselves as late as they wanted!!!!! No need to adhere to the quiet times as there is nobody there to monitor that. Sure we could "call the number at the other property" but there is no phone in the master bedroom and waking up the lucky people that may be sleeping to go get my cellphone and the number was not an option! Lastly, the hottub faces a 9 foot fence...with no views/was luke warm at best with jets one could barely feel. Looked VERY tired. Bottom line..not worth the money. The Bellstar label was deceiving. Never again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fire Mountain Lodge mixes the amenities of a resort experience with the privacy and independence of your own condo. Stunning views of the famed Three Sisters peaks, Lawrence Grassi Ridge and Rundle Mountain draw the breathtaking outdoors into every room, while the urban-inspired interiors entice you to stay for good. Resort Amenities •Outdoor hot tub (open year-round) •Exercise room with men's and women's change rooms •Covered parking •High speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Fire Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fire Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Fire Mountain Lodge Canmore, Alberta