We stayed a couple of nights at the Inn to do some exploring of Kananskis country. Positives are that it's comfortable enough and the room was pleasant and quiet. It was good being a little outside the town but a walk in (30 mins or so, but easy enough)
But we felt it was a little overpriced for what you got. And the service really could be better.and the welcome warmer. Certainly, you could get information if you asked for it, but nothing more was volunteered than that by the staff. No-one really knocked themselves out or acted as though service and warmth might be something you offer as part of being in the hospitatilty business!
For example, returning from dinner one evening, we met up with a couple who'd left their keys in their room and were locked out - there was no-one at reception to help and when they tried the cellphone number, there was only a recording. Eventually it did get sorted and they weren't without a bed for the night - but I would never expect to be in that situation when staying somewhere, I consider having someone available to help is a minimum level of service.
There's no folder of information in the room on how things worked or about local amenities or dining possiblities (though a comprehensive information rack downstairs) TV reception was very poor - if this matters to you, it might be worth specifying when booking as apparently it's better in some rooms. However, paradoxically, wi-fi recepton was fine in our room which was a plus.
In terms of eating, there's a pleasant enough pub/restaurant next door - the Iron Goat - with a terrific patio with views of the 3 Sisters mountains which makes for a good easy option if you don't want to walk/drive into the town centre.
We don't regret staying at Creekside Country Inn, but probably wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, Creekside Country Inn lays on the the secluded river bed of Cougar Creek in Canmore, Alberta. While boasting exquisite views of the Bow Valley and its surrounding Giants, Creekside Country Inn offers a true home away from home experience. Whether it be a couples retreat, family trip or group event Creekside offers full service in a casual setting. Amenities include free WiFi, Steam Room and Lounge areas. A full hearted hot breakfast is also included. Your host couple Carolyn and Marcus along with our helpful team are thrilled to have you in our home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Creekside Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creekside Country Hotel Canmore
- Country Inn Canmore
- Canmore Country Inn
- Creekside Country Inn Canmore, Alberta