“Real treasure close to Banff & Lake Louise” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SAVE MORE - BOOK DIRECT
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2006

Coming from Florida, one of the guidebooks stated that the first time people come up to Banff, they stay in Banff, but when they return, they stay in Canmore. Well, I figured I might as well stay in Canmore on my first visit and that was a great choice. Staying at the Falcon Crest was also a great choice. Wonderful spacious rooms, very comfortable bediding with a full kitchen and washer and dryer in the one bedroom suites. This was a blessing when you are out hiking during the day. The staff was EXCELLENT, friendly, and eager to assist. The hotel is close to Canmore's main street with nice shops and very good restaurants. Try the Rocky Mountain flat bread and Pasta Luna. Finally, 30 minutes after our departure, I realized that I forget my digital camera and pocket knife in the room. I called back and the staff found my items and assured me that they would mail them out. I received everything and I am most appreciative. If you are going to be spending most of your time in Banff and Lake Louise, this is a great choice. The only negative was that the Wi-Fi does not work well in the room, but I took my laptop out to the front desk area and it worked fine. Also you have a huge selection of cable channels which is not the case in some of the spots I stayed at in Canada.

• Stayed June 2006
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2006

Just returned from a trip to Canmore and stayed at the Falcon Crest. Our package included two free tickets to a dinner show, "Oh, Canada, Eh!", which was located a few blocks away (walking distance), and a free cruise for two at Lake Minnewanka. The dinner show was O.K. but aimed at an older audience (I was with my teen daughter). The food was very good. We both really enjoyed the lake cruise and got to see a couple of bald eagles and a lot of big horn sheep.

The hotel was very nice and a good value. Our second floor room had a balcony and a very clean gas grill. Each morning I would walk a few blocks on the jogging trail, which is just outside the hotel, to get a paper. Then return, sit on the balcony in the cool mountain air, and read between glances at the "Three Sisters" mountain peeks directly in front of me. This gave my daughter plenty of time to sleep in and gave me time for some great relaxation. One morning I even saw a moose walk right by. Something I don't see in Texas every day.

It had been about two years since we have been to Canmore and I was disapointed with all the building going on. They are building condos wherever they can find a flat piced of land. Kind of spoils the whole reason we go there. It is still convenient to the national park and all the sights. We have stayed at the Best Weatern and Marriot Residence Inn in the past but will stay at the Falcon Crest when we return.

Carmel, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2006

Canmore is a great ittle town and the Falcon Crest is a neat place to stay while you're there. We just spent a single night there, but would've enjoyed having a couple extra days. Among the positives of the hotel:
-Beautiful furnishings, great kitchens and comfortable leather chairs in all rooms.
-Nice gas fireplaces
-Nice views of 3 sisters mountains if you request the view.
-Loved having washer and dryer in room!
-Extremely clean and reasonably priced at $169 CAD.
-Very new hotel, which actually feels more like a condo..
-Secure underground parking
-Nice, spacious patios with charcoal grills provided on each balcony
-Wonderful, extra-long bathtubs!

Although no problems with hotel were severe, there were a few minor things:
-At least on 4th floor, slanted ceilings make bumping your head a near certainty when you get out of bed.
-Tiny lobby with NO commons areas at all
-No swimming pool for kids, and only a tiny weight room with a couple small hot tubs.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at Falcon Crest and would gladly stay again. Mostly geared to couples without small children, or to people staying in town awhile, as kitchen and washer/dryer provide more of the comforts of home!

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Falcon Crest Lodge? Share your experiences!