Very nice facilities all around! 4 ½ stars--The management excelled in customer service, similar to a Four Seasons. We rented the 2 bedroom for 6 nights, with a mountain view, Rm 414 (4th floor). All of the amenities that most would desire: full kitchen, gas fireplace, flat screened TV in each major room, free HD movies, free wifi (although our particular room had a problem in that area (see below), daily maid service, exercise room, 2 hot tubs, outdoor balcony with gas range, complete dish ware, A/C, iron, hair dyers, washer/ dryer, and a great view to boot!
Front desk was extremely helpful and responded quickly, clean, no bad smells or bugs, convenient underground safe parking, customer oriented philosophy, very safe and convenient location
Poor wifi in our room only (You could stand in the hallway and get excellent connection- the manager admitted that our room was the only one that they could not supply adequately), road noise from the major highway under the balcony, adequate space, but not quite big enough rooms (we're from Texas...), the only restaurant was closed two of our six days.
If you need the details about anywhere in the area, the front desk is your friend. They were more than helpful in supplying maps, related books, free passes into Banff Park (limited amount per day), and offered helpful hints on restaurants, daily excursion packages, or self guided points of interests (and there are MANY). MUST SEE: Lake Moraine, Lake Louise, Grassi Lakes hike (most beautiful water you'll ever see), Johnson canyon, Banff, gondola to Sulfur mountain with a prime rib dinner at the top, Columbia Glaciers/ice fields, Peyco lake.
One more thing. We had trouble with the king size bed the first night (sloped), and they immediately replaced it with a new mattress. However, the problem persisted, and when I pointed out that the box springs themselves were broken, they replaced the entire bed, pronto. They went to the trouble of writing a note of apology, gave us some chocolates, and made a significant adjustment to our bill as compensation. Impressive, to say the least. Yes, we may go back...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are searching for luxurious mountain accommodations located within minutes of Banff National Park, the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore offers the perfect setting for your next Rocky Mountain Retreat. Your mountain adventures begin at the Falcon Crest Lodge. Only a five minute drive to Banff National Park, the hotel is also just a short walk from downtown Canmore. Indulge with our hotel features and amenities including granite countertops, fluffy duvet comforters, pillow top mattresses and unparalleled service when you stay at Canmore’s finest hotel. Stay at the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore, Alberta and understand why our guests say we are “Soaring to New Heights in Hospitality” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Falcon Crest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falcon Crest Hotel Canmore
- Falcon Crest Canmore
- Falcon Crest Lodge Canmore, Alberta