Originally we booked a Deluxe Room based on the virtual tour, it looked comfortable and the balcony and BBQ looked suitable for a couple of nights of balcony grilling. When we arrived the first thing we did was check out the BBQ, and unfortunately the balcony and positioning looked nothing like the virtual tour. The balcony was so tiny that the BBQ was hardly accessible, it was facing the railing and there was no possible way of getting in front of it for grilling - we would have to cook from the side. As we had bought a lot of BBQ food and was very much looking forward to that aspect of the hotel we were pretty upset and I immediately went down to reception to discuss it.
The lady at reception told me that I must've looked at the one bedroom photos as all of the deluxe room balconies were very small and the same. As I knew there was no way we were going to enjoy our stay dealing with the BBQ the way it was, I asked how much to upgrade to a one bedroom. $20 per night wasn't too much so I said yes and we upgraded. The lady who helped me was very nice and got us a room right next door to the original room.
The one bedroom suite was definitely worth the upgrade, it felt absolutely amazing. So much space, plenty of balcony space and the BBQ was actually bigger.
The gas fireplace was great, but it has a timer system and the timer ticking away is audible if you don't have the TV or other sound on.
Everything else about the suite was great, large bathroom, separate shower, comfortable bed.
Overall we ended up having a great stay, despite having to pay a bit extra than we originally planned. We checked out a few of the smaller balconies while enjoying the hot tub and they looked like what the virtual tour showed - I think we were unlucky to get a room that had a smaller balcony with an awkward facing BBQ. If we had been put in a room that matched the virtual tour then we wouldn't have needed to pay the extra that we did...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are searching for luxurious mountain accommodations located within minutes of Banff National Park, the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore offers the perfect setting for your next Rocky Mountain Retreat. Your mountain adventures begin at the Falcon Crest Lodge. Only a five minute drive to Banff National Park, the hotel is also just a short walk from downtown Canmore. Indulge with our hotel features and amenities including granite countertops, fluffy duvet comforters, pillow top mattresses and unparalleled service when you stay at Canmore’s finest hotel. Stay at the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore, Alberta and understand why our guests say we are “Soaring to New Heights in Hospitality” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, JackRabbit Systems, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Falcon Crest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falcon Crest Hotel Canmore
- Falcon Crest Canmore
- Falcon Crest Lodge Canmore, Alberta