This was part of our 10 day odyssey through the Canadian Rockies, and by far the best value of all the accommodations on our trip. At other places we stayed, we paid a LOT more for a lot less. We were very impressed by this facility and very spoiled!
We arrived after a long week on the road and were thrilled to have laundry facilities in the room which we put to good use right away. They provided one serving of laundry detergent, and will provide another if you ask at the front desk. No dryer sheets. The dryer required extra cycles to get the full load dry, but no big deal.
We had a one bedroom suite, and it felt like apartment living with a large living area, dining area, full kitchen that was fully equipped, and lots and lots of closet space. Two flat screen TVs. The room was nicely decorated in dark, soothing colors. SUPER clean. Comfy king-sized bed. Decent, free wi-fi is included. We were not on the top floor, but hardly heard any overhead footsteps, and never heard noise from neighboring units. It was quiet and peaceful our entire stay. My only disappointment was our view which was over the parking lot, with the walkway right under our window. This was especially disappointing, since the other side of the building is facing Three Sisters!
Great to have a heated underground garage, and there are luggage carts by the elevator if you have a lot of baggage to transport.
Falcon Crest is on the edge of town, but it's a small town, so easy to get around to great local restaurants and markets. There is a Safeway in town and Crazyweed restaurant is worth a visit, as is Le Fournil Bakery for breakfast (closed on Mondays). When you approach Falcon Crest on Bow Valley Trail coming from the north, you will see Falcon Crest on your left. Turn left on Kananaskis way to get to the entrance. There is a very short, steep driveway close to the corner of Kananaskis Way and Bow Valley Trail with a large pillar you must be careful to negotiate; the card reader is right by the pillar to get the garage door to open. HIghly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are searching for luxurious mountain accommodations located within minutes of Banff National Park, the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore offers the perfect setting for your next Rocky Mountain Retreat. Your mountain adventures begin at the Falcon Crest Lodge. Only a five minute drive to Banff National Park, the hotel is also just a short walk from downtown Canmore. Indulge with our hotel features and amenities including granite countertops, fluffy duvet comforters, pillow top mattresses and unparalleled service when you stay at Canmore’s finest hotel. Stay at the Falcon Crest Lodge in Canmore, Alberta and understand why our guests say we are “Soaring to New Heights in Hospitality” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Falcon Crest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falcon Crest Hotel Canmore
- Falcon Crest Canmore
- Falcon Crest Lodge Canmore, Alberta