“Most excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Brussels, Belgium
“Most excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This must have been one of the best hotel rooms I have ever been in. We booked a one bedroom suite and it was like we had our own appartment. Reasonable prices as well.
Feels like homecoming. Gas fireplace as well.
No breakfast but there are plenty of breakfast opportunities in the neighbourhood.
Without any doubt I will book again on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I wanted to attend the Highland Games in Calgary and Canmore. These are held on the Labor Day W/E This was our first stay at Falcon Crest. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and both check-in and check-out were painless. They were very helpful with suggestions/information.
Our studio suite was comfortable and cozy and well furnished with all the modern amenities that we required. We used the gas fireplace only once, as the weather was beautiful during most of our 1-week stay. We loved the balcony! We very much enjoyed the hot tub during the one day that it rained during our stay.
It was great to have secure underground parking for our bicycles, but we were unable to park underneath because of the kayaks we had on our car-roof.
The maintenance man was very helpful. He lent me a monkey wrench to tighten our bike rack. It was a pleasure to meet someone who takes such pride in his building and in its care.

St. Charles, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The place is very nice - well furnished with modern amenities. The 2 girls that checked us in were extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions for dinner and checking to make sure the garage had available empty slots before we pulled away from our ideal parking space on top (we only gave it up because we didn't want to drag our luggage through the small lobby area). The underground parking was tight even for a small car. I can overlook that because I know sometimes that kind of thing is unavoidable when providing ample parking. But they lost me when they informed me we would have to pay a $20 housekeeping fee if we used any of the dishes and didn't clean them before we left. We were only there for one evening as a stopover on our way to the Calgary airport the next morning. We only used the coffee pot, 1 coffee cup & 1 drinking glass, so I was appalled to learn they wouldn’t clean that up without charging me $20. When I booked the place, nowhere was it mentioned that you were responsible for doing your own dishes. We were tired having arrived from Jasper and a very active week in the beautiful national parks of Banff & Jasper. The last thing in the world I wanted to concern myself with was doing the dishes before I left in the morning. I thought I was booking a place that operated more like a hotel where you don’t have to do your own dishes. My only real complaint was that this information wasn’t provided upfront at time of booking. I could still have overlooked it had I not found an inch of dirt on the phone & mirror ledge. Obviously, no one had cleaned either in a LONG time. I normally tip the housekeeping staff upon leaving in the morning, but in this case, I decided it was not appropriate. They hadn’t adequately cleaned the place for me yet expected me to do part of the cleaning before I left. It just didn’t set right with me. I would be giving them at least a 4* rating had the place been clean when I arrived and then not expecting me to do part of the cleaning before leaving.

Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This visit we had a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen. I love staying here. There is so much room & for an overnight stay it makes the stop very relaxing. Rooms are clean. We always choose a non mountain view room as it is more quiet (mountain view is the road side of the hotel).

Canmore, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was our third stay at Falcon Crest. As always, our stay was most enjoyable. Our studio suite was comfortable and cozy. We used the gas fireplace only once, as the weather was perfect and sunny during most of our 3-week stay. Loved the gas barbeque on the balcony! We very much enjoyed both hot tubs during our stay - so relaxing after excellent hikes in the area. Thank-you, Martin for your hospitality and friendship. Your maintenance of Falcon Crest is superb. See you next year!

Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We spent two nights & had booked the two bedroom suite , each bedroom had it's
own bathroom

Well equipped kitchen and a bonus a Barbque on the deck

Neat and clean and very attentive staff good location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Edson, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I really enjoyed the stay here at this hotel. A beautiful view of the mountains from the balcony and a short walk to the town center. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was beautiful. It was clean and inviting. The balcony had a view of the mountains and had a bbq if you wished to use it. The bed however I found to be uncomfotable, and I found the sheets to be kind of cheap. the staff here were very friendly. A big downfall is the lack of parking, sure there is underground but if your vehicle like mine doesn't fit, you better hope there is some room in the small lot outside and if there isn't any there you better hope there is some space on the street. This was my problem and at 12:30am I was not pleased. I am appreciative though at the desk clerk who did move his vehicle from the lot so I could park. Overall this hotel I must say was quite nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Falcon Crest Lodge? Share your experiences!