We have stayed at the Lodge for only one night but it was enough to get us very frustrated.
Upon arrival, as soon as I told the front desk clerk that we weren't owners or didn't rent from owners, I felt like a second-class citizen. I had booked the night through their website and requested to have a bottle of white wine in our room, since it was for my boyfriend's birthday! I also requested for a signed card from the staff, wishing him a happy birthday! These requests are not uncommon and they do make you feel welcomed and appreciated! Needless to say that the bottle of wine was missing from the room and I had to call to see what had happened.
Melanie, the same front desk girl, didn't really seem to care all that much. Said she'd call someone, without taking my name or room number. I had to ask her if she remembered which room we were in. Meanwhile, both of our key cards stopped working and had to walk back to the front desk TWICE before everything was fixed. During both our visits to the front desk we asked for an update on that bottle of wine, both clerks just looked at each other and said it would be on its way soon.
It took 3 hours before getting that bottle and we ended up getting a bottle of RED wine. At that point, I was ready to leave and check-in to a motel!
That being said, the next day, our check-out was AMAZING! The new staff listened to our complaints, apologized, gave us detailed information about the key cards not working, took the wine off the bill and offered us to keep it (though we don't drink red, we left it there) and gave us %15 off our stay.
We both left with a smile because of the check-out crew! I'm not sure if I'd request this place to anyone, just because of the inconsistencies and I don't think we'll be going back! It's too bad because they are owned by BellStar and we LOVED our stay at Solara.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodges At Canmore Hotel Canmore
- The Lodges At Canmore Hotel
- Lodges Canmore
- The Lodges At Canmore Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodges at Canmore provides the ideal mountain resort experience for active families and friends with everything you need in our fully furnished 1- and 2-Bedroom vacation rental condominiums. Not just lodging, enjoy all the comforts of home with gourmet kitchens, living spaces with TVs and DVD players, washer/dryers, enough room for all of you, plus an outdoor pool, hot tub(s), a fitness centre and central BBQ area. All this plus the awe-inspiring views of the Rocky Mountains! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Lodges at Canmore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.