“Great hotel for the long weekend” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Lodges at Canmore to your Saves list
The Lodges at Canmore
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   107 Montane Rd, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3J2, Canada   |
Red Deer, Canada
“Great hotel for the long weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We came here for Thanksgiving long weekend last October. It's a bit of an old hotel, but we booked a room in the new lodge. It was a bit dirty, but overall it was good. The pools and hot tubs are great and perfect at night! It just adds a bit more magic in the beautiful mountain atmosphere. It's a bit far away from the town centre, but most people drive and have a car anyways. We've stayed in a few other hotels in Canmore before and have had mixed thoughts on them. Good hotel, would recommend.

Room Tip: Get a room in the new lodge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tanya W, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Good Morning oilersfan95,
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay this past Thanksgiving. Our outdoor pool & hot tubs are a popular sight for guests and is especially a great experience at night time with the stars shining and being able to look into the clear night sky and see the mountains. While our location is not directly in downtown Canmore, everywhere is close and convenient without having the extra noise that you receive while staying downtown. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodges at Canmore in the future.

Tanya Yurko

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Left all the laundry, and the hand prints on the walls at home. Had a nice break from reality taking 3 kids with me! The 2 bedroom loft was clean! The kids loved to explore every cupboard and drawer! It was far better then a hotel room, but not much more expensive! We ate in every night, the full kitchen had everything we needed (minus the vitamix, which we brought)!

• Stayed March 2013
Tanya W, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear BrienenS,

It’s great that you had a chance to enjoy a time away from reality and thank you for making us part of that. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this fantastic feedback and I’m glad that your kids enjoyed their stay and felt comfortable enough to look through the unit and feel at home. Canmore has many great restaurants but I know that there is nothing better than a home-cooked meal. Next time you’re in Canmore, we look forward to welcoming you back to Lodges at Canmore. Have a wonderful day

Yours In Hospitality,

Tanya Yurko
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the "Wolf" lodge. We had a 2 bedroom condo. Both were kingsize beds. I went with my sister-in-law and our 4 kids. We had plenty of room. The kitchen had everything we could need! Plates, cups, bowls, cutlery, wine glasses & opener, even a BBQ lighter to light the BBQ with on the deck. We could then load the dishwasher at the end of the day to help us out. The pool was very warm & the kids swam their little hearts out. We did some touring around Canmore and Banff. It was an excellent trip & I would recommend this location to anyone.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Manager_FireMtnLodge, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Good Morning Rizzy4,

It’s fantastic that you enjoyed touring around Canmore and Banff with all that both towns have to offer.

I am glad to see that you had such a great stay in our Wolf Lodge! The spaciousness of our two bedroom condos, the convenience of having a full kitchen with all the amenities at home especially a dishwasher during your stay is always a nice added touch for guests.

Our outdoor pool and hot tubs are always a popular area it’s especially nice to have the option of swimming in the winter out door’s and still have a great time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Location and rooms were nice, really enjoyed the kitchen as it saved us lots of money on food. Hot tubs in each wing was a big plus and the bed was extremely comfortable. Atmosphere was great, family oriented, everyone young and old were friendly to a young couple like us. Also there was very little outside noise coming into our room so our sleep wasn't interrupted.

The only negatives about the stay was the fact we had a half filled coffee pot upon arrival and the staff was not really on the ball. Took us three walks to the front desk to finally get fresh towels and they were supposed to bring us a working kettle but never did.

This being said I'd have to rate it a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013
Tanya W, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good Morning spennyrico,
I am glad to see that you enjoyed the Lodges at Canmore location, the convenience of having a full kitchen in suite, our hot tubs, our comfortable beds, and the great family oriented atmosphere.
Thank you for notifying that you did not receive prompt service from our front desk, we try to have items brought up to suites as soon as possible and I will be speaking to our front desk team so that in the future this does not happen again.

Kind Regards,
Lodges at Canmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 6 year old. We all feel in love with the Lodge. It was like a home away from home. We stay in Banff and Canmore almost every other weekend and we have stayed in almost every hotel in Banff even the spa suite at the Fairmount and this condo at the Lodges of canmore was amazing. We were thrilled to see beautiful mountain vistas and the kitchen was fully stocked so I was able to make dinner and dessert with no hassles all while enjoying the fireplace and beauty of the pefectly appointed cozy condo. We also had a great sleep because it was nice and quiet unlike almost every hotel we have stayed in. The value was great too I felt we got alot more out of our stay. We also enjoyed the pool and both hot tubs. The staff was very friendly and professional as well as genuine. I Look forward to many more stays with Bellstar resorts!

• Stayed January 2013
Good Morning Priscilla773,

I am happy that you enjoyed staying at The Lodges at Canmore. From the beautiful mountain views, the fully stocked kitchens, our cozy condos which feel like a true “home away from home”, our pool and hot tubs, and our friendly front desk agents. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Lodges at Canmore in the near future.

Kind Regards,
canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here from Jan 5th 2013 for 7 nights with timeshare.....(uh huh, first mistake)....was booked from Australia by the oldies before coming out to Canada to visit us for Christmas. Drove down, got there just after 4pm, check in was ok but interestingly if you haven't been here before check in desk can be difficult to find. Pool and hot tub looked OK from the outside as did bldg. Got to our room (important to note that room was located in the Wolf lodge area the oldest part of the complex and not the Cougar or Grizzly)....2 B/R, with queen in master with own bathroom and closet, other B/R had to twin beds and there was a pullout sofa (double) nice kitchen, fireplace (electric) little balcony with BBQ, older style TV in master B/R and living area, kitchen supplied with what you need, crappy coffee maker but big fridge also has washing machine and dryer combo, so good for 4 adults and 1 child (8 y/o).....easy walk into town from condo, underground parking was nice.....hot tub was OK, but pool was a little chilly! (was advertised as heated) just a heads up we had room 112, house keeping room right outside the door, very noisy first thing in the morning, had asked them politely numerous times to please cut us some slack with their noise as it wasn't work related! and I use the term housekeeping very loosely......this part of the complex was dirty...was dirty the day we turned up and wasn't much better the day we left (after a week) Dirty, old carpets throughout, if a man had a dollar for every time someone there said "we are updating them" I would have covered the costs of staying. Found left over cloths and tea towel's in the washing machine, damaged walls, chipped paint, broken picture frame hidden (not that well I add) next to the washing machine.....anyway at check out the oldies brought forward their concerns to a guy who really could have given a rats....Units like the one we stayed in are all independently owned and if the owner of apt 112 is reading this, Mate email me you need to spruce up the place. Also could only ever find one luggage trolley....holy jeepers this thing made those dodgy shopping trolleys (you know the one I mean, we have all been stuck with one) look like a BBW, wonky and you are way better off busting your back and forking out $$$$ for chiropractor services! Check some other options, trust me there are many many more to choose from.

Room Tip: Well obviously don't ask for room 112....I will leave it at that
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angela L, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Crickey68,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Lodges at Canmore. It's great to hear that our suites was a good size for your family of 5 and it's fantastic that you and your family had a chance to enjoy the town of Canmore.

I did read your concerns and I wanted to apologize for the cleanliness concerns of the suite. Our housekeeping management has been notified and although the owners have changed, we will ensure that the suite is up to standard for our next guest. I hope you had a chance to enjoy some of our great ski hills before heading back home and if you do ever get to visit Alberta again, we would love to welcome you back and have you experience a different suite that would provide you with some of the expectations that were unfortunately missed during your last stay. If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at The Lodges at Canmore.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you had a safe trip home!

Yours in hospitality,
Angela Lee
Guest Services Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We got the getaway as a Xmas gift from our 2 daughters for 4 nights at the Lodges at Canmore. Very hard to find at night in the dark. We enjoyed our stay and condo was clean, but did not need a 2 bedrooms as there was only myself, husband and small dog. My daughter booked a 1 bedroom suite thru Expedia and it said they accepted pets, so I phone to make sure they take dogs and the only condo's for small pets was to get a2 bedroom condo which had another $80.00 per night fee times 4 nights plus $20.00 per nite pet fee. I think that is terrible advertising on your behalf as I cannot believe 1 of the condo 1 bedroom owners did not allow pets. We really enjoyed the getaway but not impressed with having to pay additional $400.00 per night. I would stay again if I was not made to take 2 bedroom suite. Hopefully you will straitened this out as I do not believe your answer of only 2 bedroom condos only take small dogs. Also most hotels have a maximum of $50.00 for pet fees not just $20.00 per day a real money maker for condo owners. Information online sites said you took dogs, and really you do not . Not happy at all and will let everyone I know of the BAD advertising

Room Tip: Make sure you r not forced to pay for a 2 bedroom condo when on,y needed one bed And I had a small...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_FireMtnLodge, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi Joyce B,

Good to see you had a nice getaway at the Lodges. We have removed pet frienldy from our expedia room description to avoid any future misunderstandings. (We have a limited number of pet friendly suites, all of which are 2 bedrooms). Our pet fee has a maximum of $100 ( 5 nights x $20), afterwhich there is no further charge. A portion of this fee supports the local SPCA.

I hope we can welcome you and your pet back to the Lodges at Canmore.

Kind regards,
-Adrian
Guest Services Manager.

Been to The Lodges at Canmore? Share your experiences!