“Good, but not quite great.” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Lodges at Canmore to your Saves list
The Lodges at Canmore
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   107 Montane Rd, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3J2, Canada   |
Ranked #12 of 25 Specialty Lodging in Canmore
“Good, but not quite great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Location and rooms were nice, really enjoyed the kitchen as it saved us lots of money on food. Hot tubs in each wing was a big plus and the bed was extremely comfortable. Atmosphere was great, family oriented, everyone young and old were friendly to a young couple like us. Also there was very little outside noise coming into our room so our sleep wasn't interrupted.

The only negatives about the stay was the fact we had a half filled coffee pot upon arrival and the staff was not really on the ball. Took us three walks to the front desk to finally get fresh towels and they were supposed to bring us a working kettle but never did.

This being said I'd have to rate it a 4 out of 5.

• Stayed February 2013
Tanya W, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good Morning spennyrico,
I am glad to see that you enjoyed the Lodges at Canmore location, the convenience of having a full kitchen in suite, our hot tubs, our comfortable beds, and the great family oriented atmosphere.
Thank you for notifying that you did not receive prompt service from our front desk, we try to have items brought up to suites as soon as possible and I will be speaking to our front desk team so that in the future this does not happen again.

Lodges at Canmore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 6 year old. We all feel in love with the Lodge. It was like a home away from home. We stay in Banff and Canmore almost every other weekend and we have stayed in almost every hotel in Banff even the spa suite at the Fairmount and this condo at the Lodges of canmore was amazing. We were thrilled to see beautiful mountain vistas and the kitchen was fully stocked so I was able to make dinner and dessert with no hassles all while enjoying the fireplace and beauty of the pefectly appointed cozy condo. We also had a great sleep because it was nice and quiet unlike almost every hotel we have stayed in. The value was great too I felt we got alot more out of our stay. We also enjoyed the pool and both hot tubs. The staff was very friendly and professional as well as genuine. I Look forward to many more stays with Bellstar resorts!

• Stayed January 2013
Good Morning Priscilla773,

I am happy that you enjoyed staying at The Lodges at Canmore. From the beautiful mountain views, the fully stocked kitchens, our cozy condos which feel like a true “home away from home”, our pool and hot tubs, and our friendly front desk agents. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Lodges at Canmore in the near future.

canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Stayed here from Jan 5th 2013 for 7 nights with timeshare.....(uh huh, first mistake)....was booked from Australia by the oldies before coming out to Canada to visit us for Christmas. Drove down, got there just after 4pm, check in was ok but interestingly if you haven't been here before check in desk can be difficult to find. Pool and hot tub looked OK from the outside as did bldg. Got to our room (important to note that room was located in the Wolf lodge area the oldest part of the complex and not the Cougar or Grizzly)....2 B/R, with queen in master with own bathroom and closet, other B/R had to twin beds and there was a pullout sofa (double) nice kitchen, fireplace (electric) little balcony with BBQ, older style TV in master B/R and living area, kitchen supplied with what you need, crappy coffee maker but big fridge also has washing machine and dryer combo, so good for 4 adults and 1 child (8 y/o).....easy walk into town from condo, underground parking was nice.....hot tub was OK, but pool was a little chilly! (was advertised as heated) just a heads up we had room 112, house keeping room right outside the door, very noisy first thing in the morning, had asked them politely numerous times to please cut us some slack with their noise as it wasn't work related! and I use the term housekeeping very loosely......this part of the complex was dirty...was dirty the day we turned up and wasn't much better the day we left (after a week) Dirty, old carpets throughout, if a man had a dollar for every time someone there said "we are updating them" I would have covered the costs of staying. Found left over cloths and tea towel's in the washing machine, damaged walls, chipped paint, broken picture frame hidden (not that well I add) next to the washing machine.....anyway at check out the oldies brought forward their concerns to a guy who really could have given a rats....Units like the one we stayed in are all independently owned and if the owner of apt 112 is reading this, Mate email me you need to spruce up the place. Also could only ever find one luggage trolley....holy jeepers this thing made those dodgy shopping trolleys (you know the one I mean, we have all been stuck with one) look like a BBW, wonky and you are way better off busting your back and forking out $$$$ for chiropractor services! Check some other options, trust me there are many many more to choose from.

Room Tip: Well obviously don't ask for room 112....I will leave it at that
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Angela L, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Crickey68,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at The Lodges at Canmore. It's great to hear that our suites was a good size for your family of 5 and it's fantastic that you and your family had a chance to enjoy the town of Canmore.

I did read your concerns and I wanted to apologize for the cleanliness concerns of the suite. Our housekeeping management has been notified and although the owners have changed, we will ensure that the suite is up to standard for our next guest. I hope you had a chance to enjoy some of our great ski hills before heading back home and if you do ever get to visit Alberta again, we would love to welcome you back and have you experience a different suite that would provide you with some of the expectations that were unfortunately missed during your last stay. If you have any further concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at The Lodges at Canmore.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you had a safe trip home!

Yours in hospitality,
Angela Lee
Guest Services Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We got the getaway as a Xmas gift from our 2 daughters for 4 nights at the Lodges at Canmore. Very hard to find at night in the dark. We enjoyed our stay and condo was clean, but did not need a 2 bedrooms as there was only myself, husband and small dog. My daughter booked a 1 bedroom suite thru Expedia and it said they accepted pets, so I phone to make sure they take dogs and the only condo's for small pets was to get a2 bedroom condo which had another $80.00 per night fee times 4 nights plus $20.00 per nite pet fee. I think that is terrible advertising on your behalf as I cannot believe 1 of the condo 1 bedroom owners did not allow pets. We really enjoyed the getaway but not impressed with having to pay additional $400.00 per night. I would stay again if I was not made to take 2 bedroom suite. Hopefully you will straitened this out as I do not believe your answer of only 2 bedroom condos only take small dogs. Also most hotels have a maximum of $50.00 for pet fees not just $20.00 per day a real money maker for condo owners. Information online sites said you took dogs, and really you do not . Not happy at all and will let everyone I know of the BAD advertising

Room Tip: Make sure you r not forced to pay for a 2 bedroom condo when on,y needed one bed And I had a small...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_FireMtnLodge, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi Joyce B,

Good to see you had a nice getaway at the Lodges. We have removed pet frienldy from our expedia room description to avoid any future misunderstandings. (We have a limited number of pet friendly suites, all of which are 2 bedrooms). Our pet fee has a maximum of $100 ( 5 nights x $20), afterwhich there is no further charge. A portion of this fee supports the local SPCA.

I hope we can welcome you and your pet back to the Lodges at Canmore.

Guest Services Manager.
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family recently returned home after a stay at the Lodges at Canmore. We stayed in the Cougar Lodge.

Upon arrival everything appeared to be in order. However, after walking around the suite I noticed a few things that were not safe and/or clean.

First I noticed that there was a nail sticking out of the carpet in a high-traffic area. This would have potentially been a real hazard for my one-year old, two-year old, and four-year old. Thankfully my husband had some vice grips along and was able to remove it.

As I was getting ready to prepare supper I took out the cutting boards to discover that they were dirty! Not only was there food residue on them but there was hair stuck to them.

The carpets were filthy and stained and I didn't even want my kids playing on the floor. The batteries in the remote control for the DVD player were dead, but thankfully I had extra batteries along for one of my son's games.

As I was preparing my children for bed time, I pulled back the sheets to discover hair in my children's bed! Not only long hairs, but short hairs that appeared to be, well, you know... It seemed to be that the bed had simply been remade after the previous guests and the sheets never changed!

We then went into the master bedroom and pulled back the sheets on that bed and discovered more hair!

We called the front desk and asked them to come change the sheets, which, they did. However, it took over 30 minutes for them to finally come! My children should have long been in bed by then.

After the sheets were changed and the kids were in bed my husband and I double-checked our bed and once again there was hair on the underside of the pillowcase! The one that had just been changed.

My husband then called the front desk again and they literally asked him what we wanted them to do about it. The staff were very unhelpful.

After the first evening's debacle, we were able to settle in a little better. However, a major problem occurred when I went to use the stove. The oven itself was disgusting and dirty. It was obvious that it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. As soon as I started to bake in it, it started smoking and smelling like it was burning. The smoke detector even went off. I had to get out 2 fans and point them at the stove. The strangest thing to me is that even though the smoke detector went off, no one came to check. Wouldn't that be something to be concerned about?

A couple other things to point out were that the pool was very dirty and there were pigeons swimming in it! The hot tub was hot, but none of the jets worked and it was full of whatever was used to get rid of the snow on the pool deck (ice melt?).

We did have family staying in the Wolf Lodge and it was much nicer, but the Cougar Lodge was severely lacking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager_FireMtnLodge, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Good Afternoon Alli,

After reading this review, I cannot apologise enough for the service that you received during your stay at The Lodges at Canmore. I have notified all of the correct departments with the issues that you mentioned. We will be going through the process of deep cleaning in our suites in the near future.
I would like to welcome you back to The Lodges at Canmore in the near future, possibly we could book you into our premium suites as they are all in our newest building.

Lodges at Canmore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for a few days over New Years in the Wolf Lodge building. We had an end unit which was nice because we had views in more than one direction however it also meant that we had a fair bit of vehicle and pedestrian noise from the street right below us. The unit was well stocked and clean and it was nice being in the same building as the pool and hot tub. While it was nice to have the heated pool in the middle of winter, it certainly was on the cool side.

The front desk agents were very accommodating to our various requests and provided prompt service in spite of how busy they were at times.

Much like the previous reviews suggest, the WiFi here is terrible. Very slow and got disconnected multiple times. Unfortunately there's no hard-wired internet connection in the units either, just a pay station in the lobby. The parking garage is fairly tight and usually pretty full but the heated indoor parking is a very nice touch.

The location is excellent and is just a short walk into town. This is my second time staying here and I've enjoyed both stays but I would be curious explore other options next time. You'll enjoy the stay here but there might be better places out there too.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager_FireMtnLodge, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hi Arlin,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. Delighted to see you enjoyed our clean, well stocked suites with pool & hot tub facilities and heated parking. Great to see our front desk staff were prompt in responding to your requests. We do offer a variety of different accommodation options in Canmore. You can always choose our more upscale properties at Blackstone or our 5 * Solara

Guest Services Manager
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights over New Year's with my extended family. Even though it was New Year's the rooms were very well insulated from the noise outside. Had a great stay and would definitely go back! The only down side was our room was not ready at check-in (4 pm) and finally got into our room at 5:30 pm but we found things to occupy ourselves downtown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager_FireMtnLodge, Manager at The Lodges at Canmore, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi RF,

Great to see you enjoyed bringing in the New Year with us at the Lodges. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay with us. Its a very busy time of the year for us, but we do endeavor to get everyone in their room as soon as possible.

Wish you all the best for your travel adventures in 2013!

Guest Services Manager.

Been to The Lodges at Canmore? Share your experiences!