Our daughter’s wedding and reception was booked for July 13 at the Bear and Bison. In late June Canmore was subject to severe flooding which caused Cougar Creek to wash out the roadway in front of the Inn and to destroy the sewer, water, electricity, natural gas, and telephone connections to the Inn. The tremendous force of the water eroded the material in front of the Inn right to the footing of the deck to a depth of about 12 feet.
Over the three weeks between the flooding and the wedding date, Lonny and his staff worked tirelessly to try to get the Inn back in operation. As the ability to get the Inn open was dependent upon the various services being reconnected, he paid particular attention to working with the utility companies and workmen and to lobbying local government to get businesses back in operation. Early in the week before the wedding, he hosted a lunch at the Inn for all the workers who were moving gravel, reconnecting lines and re-installing the washed out electrical transformer. By Thursday night, the day before guests were to arrive the Inn was back in operation!
In addition to his determination to get the Inn operational, Lonny was very accommodating with regard to contingency planning. He agreed to cater the reception in our backyard if it had been impossible to reopen the Inn. In addition, he was very accommodating with the room utilization requirements, as several guests had rebooked to alternative facilities.
The actual wedding and reception came off perfectly with all the guests enjoying themselves and the venue being excellent for the size of the group. Our thanks to Lonny and the staff for their efforts to make our daughter's and her new husband’s wedding a fine event.
- Also Known As:
- a Bear And Bison Canadian Country Hotel
- a Bear And Bison Canadian Country Hotel Canmore
- Country Inn Canmore
- Canmore Country Inn
- A Bear And Bison Canadian Country Inn Canmore, Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by mountains this Bed & Breakfast style Inn is owner operated since 2002 by professional chef Lonny. All guest rooms have been designed for your comfort. 4 poster beds and jacuzzi tubs with views of the rocky mountains from either your balcony or patio. The Inn serves a 3 course breakfast with its B&B rates, you will not want to miss the food. Specialising in small group weddings (2 to 60 persons), the Inn has won awards for service and hospitality and local landscaping. Set below Lady Macdonald mountain in Canmore Alberta you can access hiking trail, mountain biking, cross country and downhill skiing within minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.