“Gluten Free Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 Canmore B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Gluten Free Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband I stayed there 1 night and it was very nice. They are very welcoming and easy to deal with on the phone for booking and questions. I have Celiac so I was looking for a breakfast that could be catered to my allergy. They said they have other options for breakfast that are equivilant to a regular meal would be. Rather than Oatmeal, they served me the hot breakfast cereal called "Holy Crap". I've had this before and it's not my favorite BUT in saying that, it was a gluten free option so they did exactly what they told me. The rest of the meal was good but on the small side as far as "3 course meal" goes. My husband left still feeling hungry. It was tasty though!
The room was nice (#10), jacuzzi's in all rooms is quite the bonus. Water wasn't very hot which was too bad but I just boiled a few rounds of the kettle and added it ;)
The sound barrier between rooms wasn't great, but the building is older so I am not surprised. I could hear the people above us using the washroom and anyones door closing in the near vacinity but what can you do?
All in all, it was a nice getaway for 1 night and we'd probably go there again but for the extra $20 to stay in the honeyroom suite, I think we'd try out!

Room Tip: Even though we didn't stay in this room, I would spend the extra $20 for the best view and room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I spent a romantic night at “A Beart and Bison Inn” last weekend. It is a very quaint and charming inn on the north side of the TransCanada highway in Canmore. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Every staff member we met was pleasant, helpful and clearly invested in making sure that we were comfortable. I was impressed with the level of cleanliness and attention to detail. Loved the heated floors in the bathroom!!! The outdoor hottub was a welcome retreat after a day of snowshoeing. Chef Jared made us a delicious breakfast in the morning and we were on our way!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chestermere, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We had an amazing weekend! Was there for a wedding and everything was fantastic. Great rooms, food, service!! I would recommend it to all. Very romantic for couples. In a good area close to everything. The food was unreal as were the views. Thank you!!!

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a wedding and weekend stay at the Bear and Bison - what a fabulous time! We had all 10 rooms booked for ourselves and were able to soak up the mountain atmosphere in a relaxed way - what a stress-free wedding, thanks to the entire staff at the inn! The rooms were quaint and unique and the food was unbelievable. We also had our two young children with us and their tastes were catered to as well. The staff all were extremely friendly and polite, making sure to pay attention to every detail, which made our bride and groom relax and be able to enjoy their entire weekend.

If I had only one thing to offer (since we should never settle and always strive for better :) it would be to erect a larger sign, or put one near the parking entrance - it was easy to miss.

Thanks for a memorable weekend and know that I will be recommending your hospitality to all!

• Stayed January 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

You can't go wrong at the Bear & Bison. The team and staff consisting of Marc and many others made mine and my wife's wedding just perfect. They didn't miss anything and my guests were just blown away as well. The food was world class just as their level of professionalism and service. My wife Raegen and I will always recommend The Bear & Bison Inn to everyone. Look no further when seeking for a great place for your venue.

Room Tip: No pools or fitness centre, but then again your in Canmore go walk. It has extremely nice rooms and...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We wanted a place to escape. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Marc, who welcomed us, made us feel exactly where we wanted to be. We really enjoyed our time at this place and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

we were looking for a place to get away for 24 hours which was close to our home in Calgary. We have been to a Bear and Bison several times before and once again it was a great place to go to. When we got there we were welcomed warmly and given an upgrade from what we had booked.
When we enquired about restaurants to eat that they were very helpful.
The breakfast was superb as usual. The chef who is taking over from the owner while he is in England for a year is doing a great job.
We would highly recommend this b&b to anyone.

Room Tip: the rooms on the top floor have great light and wonderful views of the mountains
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn? Share your experiences!