My Husband and I were married on January 8, 2011. With us were approximately 26 people including children. It was the most amazing weekend!!! The staff were extraordinary! Would like to give shout out to Katie! Our families are still gushing about you. :0) She was amazing with all of the details as well as with the kids. I can't say enough about Katie, she helped make the weekend what it was. Lonny's food was immaculate. Everyone enjoyed it immensely. The rooms are beautiful and the entire Inn is decorated beautifully. It's very cozy and welcoming. The only complaint that I would have had was the rooms were a bit warm and we had to open the balcony door for quite a while to cool them off.
We were married in the outdoor gazebo at night. Highly reccomend it if you are looking for a cozy romantic wedding under the stars. The fire and the candles along the walkway completed the look. Thank goodness we had a Marriage Commissioner quoting every word we had to say because everything was quite a haze and a wave of emotion. Every detail was handled by the Inn. All we had to do was hand everything over to them on Friday when we checked in and everything was done as to how we wanted it. It snowed on and off all day and the fresh snow made it magical.
For dinner we had the stand up reception and the food could not have been better. Yes they were considered appetizers but they looked like minature meals and you did not walk away hungry. I couldn't even eat the entire meal. In hind sight, I would have requested that everyone be allowed a small plate for convenience. The bar service was great. And if you requested something but they didn't have it, they would have it available to you the next day.
Thank you so much to A Bear and Bison Inn and all their staff for making our wedding the wedding we always wanted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by mountains this Bed & Breakfast style Inn is owner operated since 2002 by professional chef Lonny. All guest rooms have been designed for your comfort. 4 poster beds and jacuzzi tubs with views of the rocky mountains from either your balcony or patio. The Inn serves a 3 course breakfast with its B&B rates, you will not want to miss the food. Specialising in small group weddings (2 to 60 persons), the Inn has won awards for service and hospitality and local landscaping. Set below Lady Macdonald mountain in Canmore Alberta you can access hiking trail, mountain biking, cross country and downhill skiing within minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your A Bear and Bison Canadian Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a Bear And Bison Canadian Country Hotel Canmore
- Country Inn Canmore
- Canmore Country Inn
- A Bear And Bison Canadian Country Inn Canmore, Alberta