I travel a lot on business by myself and being self employed very keen on price and keeping expenses low.
And so the following factors about where I stay in my reviews are the most important to me. I these mark out of 5: 0 = very poor / absent, to 5 = could not be better, n/a means not assessed.
I hope theses niche ratings will help other travellers with similar needs.
Enough space in room to easily use as temporary office and sleeping space:
Desk or similar other surface to work at laptop: 3 (but in common area)
Value for money at price paid (stated in brackets): 5 (£GB22 per night one person)
Free wifi: 5
Mobile internet signal (on UK Vodafone): n/a
Checking in after midnight: 5
Helpfulness of staff: 3 (guy in evening good, woman in the morning poor)
Car parking value for money: 5
Access by public transport: n/a
Somewhere to go for a relaxing walk after work nearby: 3
Stayed for two nights and asked for a new towel after the first night (rather than leave wet one in the dorm), but this was refused by young-ish woman on reception on the second morning - 13 July 2013. I felt this poor as you only get one towel (a small bath towel) and they were not having to provide new bed linen for the second night etc. Would have been more effective for me if I'd done two separate bookings - would have cost me no more and got a fresh towel, but 2 lots of admin for them.
Yes - disturbed in night by drunk / needy / confused girl looking for her bed, coming in leaving main light on at 2am and talking with her friend, but that's was you gamble with when you get a dorm bed.
If there's more that 3 of you probably a better deal at a motel, but as a single traveller in an expensive area, this saved lots of cash; all I wanted was somewhere to sleep.
Beds good for a hostel - didn't squeek and you could sleep with your valuables at your side as quite wide with wodden edgings
Things that my reviews don't consider (as they are not of value to me when working) are:
Breakfasts in a dining room
# Leisure facilities
# Storage space
# Romantic location / room etc
# Quietness - I sleep fine even if noisy outside
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canmore’s newest hostel! Conveniently located one block from downtown Canmore. The Hostel Bear sleeps 170 guests. The spacious dorm rooms sleep 4-10 guests, with privacy curtains and night lights on each bunk, in addition each room has its own an en suite. Private rooms are also available. Amenities include large fully equipped kitchen, free wireless access and a large common lounge. Our friendly, helpful staff are here 24 hours a day to ensure your stay exceeds expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Priceline, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hostel Bear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Bear Hotel Canmore
- Hostel Bear Canmore, Alberta