Hi there I've stayed at this location a few times while travelling through the area. As far as a facility goes it was great, nice big common areas, games, tv, kitchen with lots of storage space, and rooms were spacious and fairly clean. The location was close to shopping/food and parks.
To me the experience of staying there really depended on who else is staying there at the time. For example, one summer I stayed there it was full of travellers who were friendly and easy to get along with. There were no problems asides from the annoyance of having a train rumble by every 3-4 hours during the night.
Another time I stayed there during the fall, and It was TERRIBLE. I was in a room with a few guys who quite obviously were doing questionable activities along with being up all night blasting music and having no reguard for anyone else. Also it seemed to be a base for some homeless/near homeless type people to hang around at.
So over all, it depends on the time of year---Definately wouldn't be staying there again outside of the busy summer months.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canmore’s newest hostel! Conveniently located one block from downtown Canmore. The Hostel Bear sleeps 170 guests. The spacious dorm rooms sleep 4-10 guests, with privacy curtains and night lights on each bunk, in addition each room has its own an en suite. Private rooms are also available. Amenities include large fully equipped kitchen, free wireless access and a large common lounge. Our friendly, helpful staff are here 24 hours a day to ensure your stay exceeds expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hostel Bear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Bear Hotel Canmore
- Hostel Bear Canmore, Alberta