Our girls volleyball team was in Canmore for a tournament, and we decided to try the hostel at $25/girl per night instead of a hotel. We had six girls to a room in bunk beds. Rooms were clean and the beds had little curtains for more privacy. The girls were given a package of bedding to make their own bed, plus bath towels. Each room had its own bathroom. We brought our own food for a team dinner, plus breakfast before the early check out of 10 a.m. It was placed in a communal fridge and all had to be labelled and dated. It was great to have dishes at our disposal. Disappointed in the plastic cutlery, which should have been replenished. If serving from bowls, bring your own large spoons. The girls did not seem to mind the train noise, but it probably helps when you are exhausted! There is a nice lounge area, which we didn't use, but some ladies were relaxing with books. The front desk personnel was helpful. I was somewhat hesitant to use a hostel for a group of young ladies, but our experience was nothing but positive. The location was convenient and the price was certainly right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canmore’s newest hostel! Conveniently located one block from downtown Canmore. The Hostel Bear sleeps 170 guests. The spacious dorm rooms sleep 4-10 guests, with privacy curtains and night lights on each bunk, in addition each room has its own an en suite. Private rooms are also available. Amenities include large fully equipped kitchen, free wireless access and a large common lounge. Our friendly, helpful staff are here 24 hours a day to ensure your stay exceeds expectations! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Hostel Bear reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel Bear Hotel Canmore
- Hostel Bear Canmore, Alberta