“Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Canadian Resort Vacation Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canmore
Grand Canadian Resort Vacation Club
You added Grand Canadian Resort Vacation Club to your Saves list
91B Three Sisters Dr, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2X4, Canada   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Alberta, Canada
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was a little disappointed in the building and facilities when we arrived although I struggled to really put my finger on exactly why. It just didnt seem as "fancy" as it looked on the website and for the price we paid.
That said, the apartment itself was very clean with a number of TV's, dishwasher, microwave etc, and great showers. The only thing really missing was a radio or ipod docking station. We all found the beds very comfortable.
The building was further outside downtown Canmore than I had realised, being a 40 minute walk each way but only an easy 10 minute or so drive. Our apartment had reasonable views of the mountains but not fantastic.
The gym is described as having a full range of free weights but all I found was a small room with just some cardio equipment and no weights. I may have just missed the weights room if there is one but I certainly looked around for it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Superficially, the place looks nice but upon further inspection, a number of problems began to manifest themselves. The cutlery and crockery is pasties sell by date, the kitchen utensils are very limited, drawers do not open smoothly, wardrobe door keeps falling off its runners.

The front reception is an absolute shambles,manned only between 08.0 and 17.00 and when manned they are next to useless. Today, we had a blocked toilet, the maintenance man was not on site so the suggestion was to use a plunger. Toilet successfully unblocked but the bowl overflowed onto the bathroom floor. Front desk were of no help and just shrugged as they had no access to cleaning materials as the maintenance man had a day off and the weekly cleaners were contracted out. I offered to do it myself but they had no access to any cleaning materials whatsoever, result, water from toilet bowl has remained on the bathroom floor for 24 hours until the maintenance man comes back to work.

Very disappointed with the lack of cooperation and what amounted to nothing more than a Gallic shrug from front desk.

On the plus side, Canmore is a nice place to visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Iuka
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This was a nice place to stay at one time, but the dresser drawers were falling apart, towels were paper-thin, and although there were several empty units, when we requested a unit on the top floor (kids running on floor above us at all hours, bathroom and air conditioner fans made such a noise, we just opened the windows and cut the air-con off), we were informed the rooms were all full. Lie? I think so. There were three cars in parking garage, and we saw three other families on our side of the resort all week! This resort shares with a World Mark resort, and it was more full over there than our side (our side had at least ten rooms per floor and three floors). The staff at the lobby desk (one person) left at 5:00pm (check-in isn't until 3:00pm) with nobody available to address any of the guest's needs until 8:00 the next morning. Also the hot tub jets barely worked, and when asked, we were told they were to be worked on (after we had left). Someone should really try to address the problems at the front desk of this resort. They would not even let us print out our boarding passes (two pages) at the resort, so we had to leave early and get to the airport. No wifi in rooms, they would not give us the security code to get on it, but they did let us borrow a cord to plug our laptop in. It could have been a really nice place to stay if there was more attention payed to satisfying the guests, as they were not at all accomodating. The local area is outstanding, though, with plenty of wildlife to see. We went to Jasper one day, and it was kind of disappointing, but overall the time we spent out in the area was great. I would recommend a trip to the Canmore-Banff area, but you would probably not want to stay at this particular resort, unless some changes are made.

Room Tip: Make sure to get on the top floor if you book a room here, as all of the floors creak and sleep will...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Southern Albertan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

My husband and I had a great stay recently. The room was modern , beds were comfortable and the pillows good. The ventilation system was really noisy, we opted to turn off the heat in spurts ,the weather was warm and the room stayed really pleasant. Our room was not ready when we arrived at about 4:15 took about another 20 minutes. ,
We opted to walk into town a really pleasant 1/2 hour walk, all down hill.
Restaurants in the area are abundant and really varied.
The hot tub outside was really nice to sit in while it snowed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We decided to trade a week and this resort was all that was left. My husband booked it and to be honest I wasa bit worried as Tripadvisor was not too keen on the facility. I have to say boy was I wrong! This beautiful little town in a hidden gem... Absolutely beautiful with wonderful walking trails all over. The resort was very clean and quiet with a nice pool and jacuzzi. The only problem was the jacuzzi had to be shut down the last day we were there due to a problem with the electrical. Better safe then sorry and they had another one inside anyway. They also had a dry sauna as well which was very nice. My only knock to the property is that the kitchen could use a few more "tools" for cooking. Not that I did much, but a measuring spoon would have helped while making my coffee each morning. All in all... I would come back tomorrow if I could. I'm sitting in the airport now to go back to Cali and don't want to go home! I love Canada

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom condo as that is all they have I do believe.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We checked in on 2/4/11. Only 7 guests were checking out from the prior week. Besides the fact that check-in time is ridiculous (4PM), they were unable to meet this and clean 7 rooms from 10am - 4PM. I guess we couldn't get a previously cleaned room. The woman at the desk was the first bad experience. Rude. Our dishwasher didn't work. You could almost tell by looking at it as the door opened and almost hit the floor..insides severely cut up by years of use. They sent someone up who named about 4 problems with the unit and said that it needed to be replaced. We washed everything by hand the entire week. No replacement. The coffee maker is a circa 80's unit....complete with the coffee stains and it boils out all over the counter on occasion. The formica counters had 2 plate sized burns in them. Several of the pots and spatulas were either missing handles or the handles were in the process of falling off. The couch seat pillows were full of holes. The main TV had no sound on several channels. We had to pull the small TV from the bedroom to be able to hear the super-bowl. We brought the manager in to describe all the issues. He said that they're "too small" to be able to deal with the problems. When we checked out today we went to get the luggage cart to move our luggage. Unfortunately it was being used by the cleaning people to move their supplies around. Besides this, if you're going skiing, Canmore is an hour from Lake Louise skiing and about 30 minutes from Sunrise. Canmore is a nice little town...but too far to walk from the Grand Canadian. If you want to stay in Canmore, find somewhere besides the Grand Canadian.

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011 via mobile

I loved the hotel from the moment I walked in. The entrance was welcoming yet elegant. The rooms were a great size and I loved that they were suites. The kids slide was wonderful for the kids and we enjoyed the indoor/outdoor hottub.

• Stayed June 2011

Been to Grand Canadian Resort Vacation Club? Share your experiences!