“Very pleasant visit” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   140 Kananaskis Way, Canmore, Alberta T1W 2X2, Canada   |
Special Offer
3rd Night FREE!
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Canmore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I thought I would try staying at a different place in Canmore this trip and Mystic Springs caught my attention. Once I arrived and checked in I soon realized that this was no ordinary place the 2 story chalet felt like I was coming home in the Rockies. It has a very cozy feel to it, nicely decorated, comfortable beds and furniture, full kitchen and dining room. I had the best sleep and felt very rested in the morning. I look forward to the next time I'm in Canmore, I will stay at Mystic springs again and would recomend it to my friends.

Room Tip: There are mountains on both sides and the pool is in the middle of the chalets so it is close to eve...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for staying at Mystic Springs and for all the pleasantries about our property. We do hope to see you again very soon and thank you for passing this on to your firends. Please check out our special on Trip Advisor for $99 per night, minimum of two nights!!! Then you can enjoy the opening of the ski hills and enjoy the comfosrts of your home away form home in the Rockies!!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed there in March 2012 for a couples weekend with our friends. It was very convenient to have a full kitchen so you didn't have to eat take out for every meal. Some of the utensils in the kitchen were a little worse for wear, but nothing too bad. There is free wifi however it did not work in our suite. Some of the positives were that it has a heated pool so you can still enjoy it during the cooler weather and it is located close to many shops and restaurants. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!!!!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Mystic Springs for 4 nights recently and we were very satisfied with the accommodation. It was quiet although quite busy over the weekend. We appreciated having our coffee, tea, etc restocked everyday and clean towels if we wanted them. It was spacious enough for 4 adults and a baby. The pool was too cold for enjoying and the hot tub was out of order while we were there. Next time we would ask for a front condo so that we could enjoy the mountain view, we were on the back - highway side. Our only complaint is that we returned to the condo to get my husband's (expensive) camera and the cleaning staff were in the condo, the door was unlocked and he went in and got the camera without anyone seeing him. So, I suggest you take your valuables with you or put them in a secure place.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have a front condo available for your next stay!!!
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This spacious suite was very clean and comfortable with all the amenities necessary. The inner court
is beautiful with a large nice pool and hot pool. We will definitely return. The beds and linens are very
comfortable. The kitchen is well equipped.

Room Tip: Great home away from home. It is a great family resort.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying at Mystic Springs and we are so happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and liked our ew linens!!! we hope to see you again very soon!!!
Calgary, Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I spend about 4 long weekends in Banff or Canmore per year, and the Thanksgiving weekend was my first try at Mystic Springs. I went with grade-4 twins, my mom and myself.
While the accommodations are very nice (great dining area, decent living room, bedrooms, kitchen), I would never return to this accommodation (despite it being a good coupon deal). For starters, the outdoor pool, although heated, was FAR TOO COLD TO USE IN THE WINTER. My daughter's lips turned purple in 5 minutes and we were done. And the hot pool was broken and down for the whole weekend. In addition, there's some strange cable set up on the television that if innocently clicked an innocuous looking TV icon instead of another very similar icon, your living room TV is down for 3 hours. This was especially infuriating on our last night - when the weather was really cold, and we all wanted to hang out and be warm.
Also, there's no bathroom on the main floor, which is frustrating, and although this is considered a dog-friendly facility, there's very little grass to take a little dog out late at night for relief.
I rented this condo because of the pool - when you have 2 hyper young kids in the winter, this is no small concern. I'll go back to the Douglas Fir, the Blackstone or Tunnel Mountain Lodge anytime. I was totally disappointed.
K.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for writing your experiences as it is very important for us to know when we haven't met expectations. This gives us a chance to learn and grow. So sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately the hot tub needed a part and because we are not in a bigger city where you can just get parts it takes longer to fix when these things happen as they have to be prdered and then shipped. It is unfortunate when some of our facilities break down but I assure you we do our best to rectify.....we hope that you will reconsider staying with us again and if you do wish to discuss this further please contact me judy@waymarker.ca I do look forward to hearing from you.
NEW YORK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have stayed here twice. Two bedrooms, a reasonable kitchen and dining area plus a cozy (yeah small) living room with electric fireplace. We had a nice view out the living room window of a small stone pond and the heated swimming pool.

The price was right and we liked the convenience of making breakfast ourselves before heading out. It was clean, quiet, and about 15 minutes from Banff and about an hour from Lake Louise.

Will probably return again. Only negative, no really good restaurants nearby. Still downtown Canmore is 5 minutes by car.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for staying at Mystic SPrings!!!! We enjoyed having you and thank you for sharing with everyone your experiences with us!!! Cooking breakfast in your own suite is very convenient and saves you money in order to enjoy Canmore's various dining spots!!!!!

Been to Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools? Share your experiences!