“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brooks, Canada
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We thuroughly enjoyed our stay here! Very affordable, clean and had all the amenities of home. We stayed with another family, and we had more than enough room and privacy to sleep. The 2 bathrooms are wonderful, allowing everyone to get ready in the mornings in good time. Very clean, and a fully stocked kitchen allowed us to cook all our meals and eat in - even a Thanksgiving turkey diner!) We had stayed here before 5 years ago, and to our delight it was just as clean and fresh looking as we remembered it then. The kids enjoyed the pool day and night, again very clean and well kept. There was truly nothing more we could have wanted during our stay. We will all definately keep returning for many years to come.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for sharing with Trip Advisor!!!! We are so greatful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back!!!!! Thank you!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sylvan Lake, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We love it here. We stay with our two young children every year. It was quite clean and nicely decorated. Comfy beds and really comfy housecoats, which were handy to wear out to the pool. The full kitchen was well stocked and it was nice to do all our cooking. The pool and hot tub provided the kids and us hours of entertainment, and were very clean with the perfect temperatures and not too strong of chemicals. Great service. Very friendly and quick to accommodate. Nothing bad to say! Didn't try out the restaraunt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Awesome!!! Thank you and we hope to see you again next year!!!! Glad we made your experience with us so memorable!!!!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We gather for our annual September long weekend family reunion in Canmore. This year we booked at Mystic Springs and we were very pleased with the rates we received, cleanliness of the chalets and common areas and accommodations that were made for our large group such as blocking our rooms together and bringing a high chair and playpen for a toddler. The location is great and we would highly recommend staying here. We will be back next year! ~Joan & family

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at Mystic!!! We are so happy tohear that you enjoyed your stay with us!!! Thank you and we hope to see you again very soon!!!!
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We celebrated our Family Thanksgiving at the Mystic Springs facility and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I had specific requests when placing the booking and all were honored. We found the staff to be most obliging and quite friendly. They totally met our needs, supplying us with extra item requests without question. Our spacious and clean unit was extremely comfortable for my husband and I, our adult children, their spouses and our grandchildren. Plenty of closet space for storage. Loved the upstairs bedroom lay out, as there were two bedrooms at opposite ends of a corridor, with doors that closed, so the little ones could be put to bed at night without being disturbed. We were able to play cards downstairs together on the large dining table, once they were asleep without fear of waking them up. Also loved the fact that there were two full bathrooms for showering, as that certainly helped our large family. We made good use of the swimming pool which is quite large and beautifully lit at night. My husband and son liked to sit on the balcony once the children were in bed, sharing a drink together, facing that pool. My husband also enjoyed barbecuing our supper meat in full view of that pool, as he found that truly relaxing. Towel housecoats were supplied, which were excellent for adult use to and from the pool. They also came in handy for wrapping around the little ones when carrying them to and from the pool. Found the facility to be really quiet, the quietest we have experienced to date in Canmore. Loved the fact that there was security at all times, that helped me to sleep. We have stayed in other facilities in Canmore but our family liked this facility the best. We will definitely return when we make our annual family ski trip to the mountains. Thanks for the lovely stay, we were sorry to leave. Canmore is beautiful and less busy than Banff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for celebrating Thanksgiving at Mystic. We are greatful toi hear that you enjoyed your chalet so much and you enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. We can't wait for you to come back for your ski holiday and please feel free to book one of our ski packages, they will be online shortly!!!
Calmar, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Perfect place for a family gathering. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were perfect for a family of four. Loved the barbecue & pool area. Would recommend this place to other family and friends. Nice walk to downtown area. Coming back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for booking your family reunion with us!!! So glad that you stayed with us and will be coming back next year!!!! We look forward to your return!!
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have stayed here many times before,and always enjoyed our stay. This time it was same as usual except for the morning of check out. After breakfast I went back to the master suite to take a shower. While undressing I was surprised by a man who just appeared at the window!! Throwing my clothes back on and closing the curtains. Yes the curtains were open seeing no one could ever see in without a ladder!!! I immediately pick up the phone and called the front desk I told them what just happened.. The front desk clerk apologized for what just happened and she began to inform me that she tried to call me,to let me know that they were having the windows cleaned today. I said no one called us! She said yes she had tried and I asked what time and she said 9. I said no one called!! We were here all morning,maybe our phone didn't work so we hung up and she tried our line and it was fine,so no one tried calling I said then hung up. After finishing packing I went to the front desk to check out. While there the clerk asked us how our stay was and I began to tell her what happened but she knew as she apologized for maybe missing us this morning when calling the rooms. I asked to speak to the manager Vanessa was her name if I recall,I was informed that she was the one that just stepped outside. I went outside and called her by name I told her who I was and she said she was aware of what happened this morning as the front desk clerk told her. I told her there was no excuse for not calling she informed me that she instructed her clerk to call all the stay ins that the windows were being cleaned today at 11, but not to call the check outs as we would be gone by that time. I said this happened at 9 not 11 and she said they weren't suppose to start till 11. I said when did you come to work and she said 830 and when you noticed the window cleaners there before 11 why didn't you stop them or call the check outs,she said they weren't over at that end of the building. Unless someone was watching the continuously you wouldn't know where they were at what time. Feeling like the manager really didn't care,nor felt any remorse for what happened I went back in.. Now madder then I was when I first went to check out! The front desk asked if anything was changing and I told her,her manager didn't seem to care,maybe if it happened to her she might have felt different. The front desk clerk said is it okay to go with the charges I said I don't care that I would for the first time be calling my visa and telling them what happened and not to pay you!! She immediately offered a discount of 20% and asked if that was okay. I said whatever at this point feeling like my blood was going to boil I didn't care what they did or didn't do,and I left also letting them know to watch for my trip advisory comments as they were sure going to come!!!

Room Tip: Keep you curtains closed even if know one could ever see in!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing oyur thoughts it is very much appreciated. We value all of our guests and their experiences. We are sorry to hear however that the window washing crew did catch you at a very bad moment. We try to inform all of our guests when jobs like this are being done. There was definitely a mis-communication on our part and their part. We do apologize wholeheartedly and want you to know that this has never happened before or will in the future. It is guest's like yourselves that help us improve our services and to ensure that we keep doing so. So thank you again!!! we do hope to see you again in the future!!!
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Mystic Springs was perfect for our family get-together...they blocked the rooms so that we were all basically side by side; we could go from room to room without disturbing other guests; the rooms were very clean, comfortable and sound-proof. Any requests of the staff were quickly responded to and in a friendly manner. Barbecues were cleaned daily,well located with benches allowing more opportunity for visiting.
The pool is centrally located, glassed in and as a result was very warm for an outside pool. The hottub under the roof, change/bath room stocked with towels and seating area around the pool made this area very welcoming and fun...many people could be in this space at one time.
We were allowed to book the common room and this provided us with another location that our family could gather as a larger group.
We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel for any kind of stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments with everyone!!! we are so elated to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Mystic....we are looking forward to hsoting it again next year!!!!

Been to Mystic Springs Chalets & Hot Pools? Share your experiences!