We stayed at the Pocaterra for two nights over the Labour Day long-weekend. I had booked online, and was originally a little disappointed that the lower priced room that I wanted wasn't available. However, the third floor room that we ended up with was huge, with two queen beds and a sofa-bed, fireplace, table with two chairs, a good sized flat screen TV, frig, microwave, and a Keurig coffee maker. Nice sized bathroom (one sink), lots of hot water and good water pressure in the shower. Strangely there was no fan in the bathroom! We were right across from the elevator, which I thought might be rather noisy - it was fine.
Breakfast was fine, with lots of selection. There were individual cheese omelettes, sausages, pancakes and french toast on the hot side, along with bread, bagels and english muffins to toast. Also muffins (regular and mini), cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit salad (only one day), and hard boiled eggs. Juice, Stash Tea and decent coffee to round out the selection. It was busy, but the attendants were doing there best to refill the empty trays as things were eaten. There were also warm chocolate cookies available in the afternoon - yum!!!
We didn't use the pool, but saw lots of kids walking around in bathing suits and towels. Check in and out were easy (the hotel was full), and all the staff we interacted with were friendly and polite. I hadn't realialized how badly the Canmore area had been affected by the spring flooding. There are lots of road repairs and renovations going on in the area, and you can see where some of the hiking trails and bridges have been washed out. Still, it was a beautiful drive up to the Kananaskis Lakes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the towering peaks of the Canadian Rockies, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is your ideal lodging choice while visiting Canmore Alberta. From the warm welcome in our lobby to our spacious guest rooms, you are sure to experience superior service while staying with us.Our hotel features tastefully decorated guest rooms with a multitude of amenities including stunning views of the surrounding Rocky Mountains, fireplaces, free high-speed wireless internet, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, and LCD TV’s. Guests can enjoy our daily complimentary hot continental breakfast and access to our business centre, fitness facility, games room and meeting rooms. In addition, our hotel features a whirlpool, steam room, sauna and indoor swimming pool with a large waterslide perfect for the whole family to enjoy.Just minutes away from Banff National Park the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is a great place to explore the Canadian Rockies, natural hot springs, lakes, glaciers, canyons, and ski resorts. When visiting Canmore Alberta, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn will make your stay feel just like home, but better. Our relaxing atmosphere, tastefully appointed rooms and friendly hospitality are the perfect complement to your visit to the Canadian Rockies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Pocaterra Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pocaterra Hotel Canmore
- Best Western Canmore
- Canmore Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Pocaterra Inn Canmore, Alberta