Pros: Friendly staff, clean and spacious rooms, natural gas fireplace in the room, big parking lot, great continental breakfast, waterside and hot tub.
Cons: really, really, really slow elevator, ice only on the main floor and 4th floor. amenities only open until 10pm, to go coffee cups leak from seams - every one that we used leaked!
My fiancee and I travel to Canmore several times a year and usually we stay at the Quality Resort Chateau Canmore across the road but this time we opted to stay here. Upon entering the hotel's main lobby we were impressed to see the cleanliness of the space. Coffee and free cookies sat waiting for hotel guests, the local attraction brochure holder was full and the front desk staff were smiling and ready to great us. As we arrived early our room was not yet ready. The staff member at the desk was quick to offer us a space to store our luggage and invited us to use the amenities but we had to meet some friends so opted instead to head downtown.
When we got into our room later that evening it was freshly cleaned and spotless. We were staying in a double queen room that looked very modern for the most part. The carpet was a little dated and there were some chips taken out of the edge of the bathroom counter but overall the room seemed to be well kept and looked after. As we had to be in Banff for the evening we dropped our luggage off and we headed out.
We drive an F-150 pickup and sometimes it is a little hard to find parking for it. The lot at the
Pocaterra looks like it is really small but we had no trouble finding a spot to park or fitting into the stall despite the fact that the hotel was full. This is a nice feature as parking miles from where you are staying can be a real pain.
When we returned to the hotel the pool area was very full and it looked like the families and the young children were enjoying the waterside and the pool. We opted to pass on the pool and instead enjoyed a nice quiet evening.
It turns out the pool is much quieter in the morning and we headed down to enjoy the hot tub when the pool opened at 7am. The change rooms seemed to be clean and the gym was a fair size with several machines which all looked to be in good repair.
What sets this hotel apart from the Chateau is the continental breakfast. We headed down after soaking in the hottub and were greeted with hot food (sausage, egg and cheese omelets, pancakes and waffles) bagels and bread to toast, yogurt and hardboiled eggs, and fruit salad. For drinks there was orange and apple juice, water, tea and coffee. We enjoyed a wonderful and free breakfast and then headed on our way.
Overall the experience we had at the Pocaterra was excellent and well worth the $120 we spent for the night. I would stay here again and recommend it to others looking for a nice place to stay in Canmore without breaking the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the towering peaks of the Canadian Rockies, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is your ideal lodging choice while visiting Canmore Alberta. From the warm welcome in our lobby to our spacious guest rooms, you are sure to experience superior service while staying with us.Our hotel features tastefully decorated guest rooms with a multitude of amenities including stunning views of the surrounding Rocky Mountains, fireplaces, free high-speed wireless internet, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, and LCD TV’s. Guests can enjoy our daily complimentary hot continental breakfast and access to our business centre, fitness facility, games room and meeting rooms. In addition, our hotel features a whirlpool, steam room, sauna and indoor swimming pool with a large waterslide perfect for the whole family to enjoy.Just minutes away from Banff National Park the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is a great place to explore the Canadian Rockies, natural hot springs, lakes, glaciers, canyons, and ski resorts. When visiting Canmore Alberta, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn will make your stay feel just like home, but better. Our relaxing atmosphere, tastefully appointed rooms and friendly hospitality are the perfect complement to your visit to the Canadian Rockies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Pocaterra Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pocaterra Hotel Canmore
- Best Western Canmore
- Canmore Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Pocaterra Inn Canmore, Alberta