Husband's birthday is between Christmas and new Year. Always a bit of a letdown for him.
This year I talked him into an overnight in Canmore with dinner at Patrinos (our fave).
Last minute booking through BW. Last room!
For $233/night high season rate we got more than our money's worth.
Checkin was quick and flawless. Front desk staff was attentive and I believe, genuinely friendly.
Room 404 is the King deluxe suite.
The outer area is a 2 comfy chair & couch (not so comfy) living room with separate washroom, Big screen TV and fireplace. Sink, fridge, microwave and coffemaker are adjoining the bedroom.
The bedroom is the same size, BSTV, 2 comfy chairs, fireplace and closet with fluffy robes, iron & board.
The Master bathroom has shower and tub, 2 sinks and mondo mirror across the whole space. The jets on the jetted tub were not working that day. I used enough hot water and bath product to make it worth my while regardless. Nice fluffy towels. One of my biggest peeves is too much fabric sharpener. Not a problem here.
The balcony covers the bedroom and outer room. The view is of course priceless.
Friendly staff. Hot Chocolate in the lobby. It was a Christmas showplace!
One family had taken over the lobby area as their family room by the Christmas Tree and fireplace and were having quite the social gathering. They welcomed every newcomer and added a warm fuzzy to the whole experience.
I liked it so much that I have reserved rooms for the end of the month for my girlfriends weekend winter escape. We plan to hit the pools and sauna at that time.
Parking is hampered by snowdrifts. Extra parking available next door.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pocaterra Hotel Canmore
- Best Western Pocaterra Hotel
- Best Western Canmore
- Canmore Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Pocaterra Inn Canmore, Alberta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst the towering peaks of the Canadian Rockies, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is your ideal lodging choice while visiting Canmore Alberta. From the warm welcome in our lobby to our spacious guest rooms, you are sure to experience superior service while staying with us.Our hotel features tastefully decorated guest rooms with a multitude of amenities including stunning views of the surrounding Rocky Mountains, fireplaces, free high-speed wireless internet, microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers, and LCD TV’s. Guests can enjoy our daily complimentary hot continental breakfast and access to our business centre, fitness facility, games room and meeting rooms. In addition, our hotel features a whirlpool, steam room, sauna and indoor swimming pool with a large waterslide perfect for the whole family to enjoy.Just minutes away from Banff National Park the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn is a great place to explore the Canadian Rockies, natural hot springs, lakes, glaciers, canyons, and ski resorts. When visiting Canmore Alberta, the Best Western Plus Pocaterra Inn will make your stay feel just like home, but better. Our relaxing atmosphere, tastefully appointed rooms and friendly hospitality are the perfect complement to your visit to the Canadian Rockies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Best Western, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Pocaterra Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.