“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Canmore
Victoria, Canada
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

You can't get a good view of the mountains from your room .but if you sit out on the pub patio you can see the tops of them.Our room was a King room .No balcony but a very big room . Hotel and rooms very clean. Staff very helpful from the counter staff to the cleaning staff. We'll be back .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

So I'm sitting in the hotel as I'm writing this review,..My wife booked and paid for this little get away for the two of us expecting a beautiful mountian get-away. The view thus far has been the only thing that hasn't been disapointing. The reviews that complain about the "king size" bed actually being two single beds pushed together with 4 inches of foamies on them,...well its true. I might as well have slept on the (water?) stained couch all night, as there was no spooning my wife, because when I tried I ended up in a crevas between the single materesses. Not to mention that my materess is a good two inches higher then her's. And yes there is no in room AC, and we too were told to open the door and use a fan to draw in the AC from the hall into our room and the in floor heating is on even though we have the thermistats turned completely down.
I have to say just prior to beginning this review I read some of the responces from the Manager (Rob Ward) and I have to say although very polite (yet condescending) his excuse for the hotel not having in room AC is just that an excuse. If they were so concerned about energy and conservation the in floor heating would not be on when we are having 29 C weather. Our weather patterns have been changing drastically especially this year.
So my wife and I are on our way down stairs to see about another suite with an actual king size or even queen size bed, as well as par-take in the breakfast, hopefully it will better then the reviews.
I'll keep you posted,...Cheers and remember buyer beware!

Room Tip: book somewhere else if you actually want what is advertised, "king size" bed.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thessalon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Awesome resort. Friendly helpful staff. There were three adults in the one bedroom suite, lots of room. Very nice to have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer. The outdoor hot tub was very nice you could just see the tops of the mountains over the trees. The patio restaurant had amazing views, great food. Easy access off the highway. Close to Banff. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay.

Room Tip: I read reviews on this resort before booking and booked the 1 bedroom suite, well worth the extra co...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at the Wind tower lodge and suites for the september long weekend. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was very nice and spacious. I would highly recommend booking a one + room suite. The only odd thing was that the room didn't have any ac. However my friend and I found I tower fan in the closet which we used. Though the room didn't get at warm at all.

As for the restaurant; the continental breakfast was delicious and provided a lot of options. But when me and my friend went there for supper one evening It was quite a different experience. I ordered a steak (medium well) with a a side of fries and seasonal vegetables. We wait almost an hour for our food. And my steak was very well done and grey. (By this time we had figured out that there was only one server for the entire restaurant) I politely let my server know that the steak was not cooked to my satisfaction, and had it sent back. About 15 mins later she came back with a message from the kitchen: "the kitchen staff said thats how they have always cooked a steak, so how do you want it?". I certainly was not impressed that the kitchen would send a rebuttal back to a paying customer. A medium well steak has pink in the middle with no blood. I was served a grey hard very over cooked steak. Since it seemed that this request was a difficult one, I asked to have it cooked medium. (That way when they screw up and overcook it, I will still get what I want.) After waiting for another 30 minutes I received my meal again. Again the steak was well done. More than the first time!!! When the server asked me how my meal was, I told her that my steak is more cooked than it was the first time. She offered to take it back, but I explained that I had already been there for 2 hours and I had not more time to waste. After all that I was still charged full price for my meal. As I was paying, the server admitted that she had several customers walk out on her that night due to wait time, food errors and lack of service. I for one, was certainly not impressed at all!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is located in the small town Canmore, just about 15 miles from Banff. WHat a beautiful hotel! The only problem was that we visited BAnff in July and the hotel is built for winter use, so... no air conditioners in the rooms even though a very powerful AC is making hallways feel like you are inside a fridge. Everything else is just perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Venice
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is wonderful, easy to find, very well appointed and absolutely immaculate. It is a very short drive into the pretty little town with individually owned shops.

The beds at The Windtower are amazing - our room had a body contour mattress on top of a firm mattress which you just sank into, the comfort was unbelievable..... we've never slept better and I know what I am going to be buying when I get home.

They offer a full hot and cold breakfast with excellent choices, and a Grill Room serving lunch and dinner.

The staff are so friendly and go out of their way to help you.

After a busy day sitting in the outdoor hot tub with the wonderful view of The Rockies just removes all stress.

This is our second visit to The Windtower and we will certainly be back - but - next time for a longer stay.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We have stayed in the hotel room side twice, so we can't comment on what the suites are like. The rooms are small and the largest bed you can get is a queen, so if you need a larger bed, the hotel room won't suit your needs. The rooms are basic and small, so if your not going to spend a lot of time in your room, then the price is right. Beds are okay. Fitness room is small and pretty basic, the lounge is okay for some drinks, wine list is small, and the menu isn't great. The breakfast buffet is your typical Holiday Inn Express kind of set up, and it can be a mad house. Ordered from the breakfast menu once and your really not getting anything different in quality. Check in time is at 4:00 p.m.. If your looking for an early check in, good luck!! Internet was slow but that seems to be typical in a lot of hotels in Canmore that we have tried. On the plus side, the hotel is very clean, quiet, and the staff are very friendly no matter where you are in the hotel. This is one of those hotels where if you are looking for good value but not concerned about all the amenities and comfort, you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd floor or above. If you need space for unpacking, interneting etc, try a one b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Windtower Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!