Booked a standard, cheapest room through Booking.com and ended up being very disappointed.
Room was tiny, I mean TINY, 1 queen bed, a couple night stands, and a little desk squeezed in the corner of the room. Flat screen tv hung on the wasll, as no space for a regular tv stand. If we had a bag/ suitcase with us, it wouldn't make it into the room.
Washroom was a fair size, but BLACK LONG HAIR all over the shower walls... Didn't shower that day as it was already past 11pm when we noticed and were leaving for home early next day. We probably just didn't care too much at that point.
Keurig coffee maker was a nice addition BUT there was 1 regular coffe and 1 decaf one. If there's 2 people staying and 1 coffee makes just 1 cup, is the other person supposed to drink decaf???
The room was kind of in the corner, overlooking other rooms which means no view at all.
Complimentary breakfast pretty basic, cereal, muffins, bread to be toasted, cream cheese, peanut butter and jelly. They do have a regular menu available, need to pay extra though. And noone was there when we came in, so noone told us we can order something more; we just overheard the lady telling next people coming in.
Overall, not a great stay but I guess we could have booked a bigger room and it would probably be better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Windtower Lodge & Suites Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, we are situated in Canmore, which is considered Canada's mountain playground. We offer a wide variety of adventure and leisure pursuits. The property boasts cedar, stone, and log construction. A picturesque view of the mountains can be experienced from the hotel rooms and suites. We are pleased to offer our guests the choice of staying in one of our room or suite accommodations. All accommodations are designed to provide exceptional value and optimal comfort, whether your stay is business or pleasure related. To make your stay with us that much better, we are happy to offer a variety of on-site amenities and services such as the Fitness Centre and Outdoor Whirlpool Hot Tub. It is our delight to introduce The Wandering Elk, a quaint cozy breakfast spot adjoining our main lobby. Dine with us each morning for a tasty assortment of hot and cold breakfast selections. The Wandering Elk is also open for lunch and dinner, and features a variety of fare to suit every palate! Enjoy our patio with a fabulous view of Three Sisters, Ha Ling Peak, and Rundle Range. Your Pet is Welcome Too!We wish to extend a warm welcome to you and your pet at the Windtower Lodge & Suites. As a "Pets Can Stay Certified" accommodation provider, we would like to outline our basic pet policies and services for your reference and to make your stay, and that of our other guests, comfortable and pleasant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Windtower Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windtower Lodge And Suites
- Windtower Hotel Canmore
- Windtower Lodge & Suites Canmore, Alberta