Stayed here with my family at Christmas on a ski trip as it would accomodate 5 people. It is located in Canmore by the traffic circle along with all the other condo buildings. It would probably be a 20 min walk to downtown, so a car would make it easier.
We had the 2 bedroom option which is basically two sepatare hotel rooms with a door between connecting them. The the standard hotel room and then the kitchen and bedroom side. If you are only booking one or the other, there might be a bit of noise through the walls..but I am not sure.
We had a kitchen, fireplace, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a pull out couch. It was a great space for our family and a nice option to cook meals if we wanted.
There is a hot tub outside for guests to use as well.
We had a complimentary hot breakfast which was really good. Much better than your average hotel continental breakfast.
It would be a great place to spend a few days/a week at and we would return back here again. It is a great option for a group of people and cheaper than booking multiple rooms in a hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Windtower Lodge & Suites Nestled in the Canadian Rockies, we are situated in Canmore, which is considered Canada's mountain playground. We offer a wide variety of adventure and leisure pursuits. The property boasts cedar, stone, and log construction. A picturesque view of the mountains can be experienced from the hotel rooms and suites. We are pleased to offer our guests the choice of staying in one of our room or suite accommodations. All accommodations are designed to provide exceptional value and optimal comfort, whether your stay is business or pleasure related. To make your stay with us that much better, we are happy to offer a variety of on-site amenities and services such as the Fitness Centre and Outdoor Whirlpool Hot Tub. It is our delight to introduce The Wandering Elk, a quaint cozy breakfast spot adjoining our main lobby. Dine with us each morning for a tasty assortment of hot and cold breakfast selections. The Wandering Elk is also open for lunch and dinner, and features a variety of fare to suit every palate! Enjoy our patio with a fabulous view of Three Sisters, Ha Ling Peak, and Rundle Range. Your Pet is Welcome Too!We wish to extend a warm welcome to you and your pet at the Windtower Lodge & Suites. As a "Pets Can Stay Certified" accommodation provider, we would like to outline our basic pet policies and services for your reference and to make your stay, and that of our other guests, comfortable and pleasant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Windtower Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windtower Lodge And Suites
- Windtower Hotel Canmore
- Windtower Lodge & Suites Canmore, Alberta